Koma Field Kit (now Field Kit FX!)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since we're on the topic of kickstarters related to modular synth stuff...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ko ... escription

I'm super interested in this one because I've been looking into ways to incorporate solenoids and DC motors into my eurorack, so I can trigger acoustic instruments and other physical objects. It's also nice for interfacing with piezos and EM pickups, mixing sources which use 3.5mm connectors (Volcas, Poacket Operators) and it has a built in AM/FM/Shortwave radio. I also like that it can have it's own case since I'm running low on rack space.
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now that's cool. :tu:

Wouter and the rest of the KOMA crew tend to come up with some crazy shit. This appears to be no exception to that rule :)

ew
A spectral heretic...

Wow, that is interesting!

Well. That was some money I hadn't been planning to spend. Thanks a lot!

:x

:love:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

And all my money will be eaten by the extended family on christmas, what a timing.

Fantastic device. I'll just order some piezos instead :/

Cheers for the heads-up! In for the DIY version.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah that's skin tight

arrived today... just the hardware to solder, so shouldnt take long. :hyper: Nice that they've documented the various caps for the LFO, tiltEQ etc so you can tweak them.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My DIY kit shipped on April 22nd, but I find it takes about a month for anything get to me from Europe, so another two weeks before I see it.

Shipping from Europe to US is so weird. The last time I ordered from Thonk, my package arrived in four days. The time before that, it took five weeks.

I haven't done any soldering (other than silver jewelry, and that was using a jewelers torch) for decades, but this kit interests me so much, I may have a go at it. Looks to be very thorough in their kit, instructions, and manual.

Has anyone who has done the DIY encountered any issues?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Mine is somewhere en route to me right now!

Hey that's kinda cool, thanks for the link

Now Field Kit FX!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ko ... =discovery

The Field kit is such a fun thing, I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

That looks like a pretty cool complement to the Field Kit. However, I already have all of those things in Euro format, AND I just ordered a Folktek Resonant Garden, which should make an even more fun companion for the Field Kit. Especially alongside the Octatrack and Digitakt.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”