Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Knew they had something cooking. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phi8zPZcWtw

Looks and sounds nice. Probably expensive though (Rolf mentions something like $3.000 plus in the video). Great name choice.

BTW, i have a feeling that, even though this is a Waldorf synth, and it's obviously quite a complex OS, with touchscreen UI, and all the functionality, that it may be a bit more issue free, seeing that Rolf Wöhrmann is involved, who obviously also did a good job on Nave (i think?).

Curious to hear more of the analog filters.

Stromberg 2017 Edition? :hihi:

Seriously, though, looks/sounds pretty awesome. :tu: :clap: :party:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

50 shades of grey.... :zzz:

cryophonik wrote:Stromberg 2017 Edition? :hihi:
Let's hope it won't just become a discontinued design study. :)

Lets hope waldorf doesn't go bankrupt again by over reaching.

DodgingRain wrote:Lets hope waldorf doesn't go bankrupt again by over reaching.
They've given themselves a decade selling (thousands of) small, cheap, competent boxes first to fill the coffers. They might be alright this time.

tehlord wrote:
They've given themselves a decade selling (thousands of) small, cheap, competent boxes first to fill the coffers. They might be alright this time.
One can only hope. :tu:

This looks fabulous. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

tehlord wrote:
I hope so. I want to be first in line to buy a second-hand one. :hyper: :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

This rather catches my interest... want to learn a few more details...

How would this synth work as a controller too?

One thing i'm wondering about is why they can't pack more than 8-voices in this thing. Given that the sound production is fully digital, if i got it right. Might be a bit too few voices for a "flagship" synth.

chk071 wrote:One thing i'm wondering about is why they can't pack more than 8-voices in this thing. Given that the sound production is fully digital, if i got it right. Might be a bit too few voices for a "flagship" synth.
The filters are analog (dual filters per voice at that)

Alright, guess that is what i was missing. That the filters are per voice. Still a bit of a shame though, maybe it would have been possible to also implement digital filters, so that you can use more voices. Anyway, can't have everything i guess.

chk071 wrote:Alright, guess that is what i was missing. That the filters are per voice. Still a bit of a shame though, maybe it would have been possible to also implement digital filters, so that you can use more voices. Anyway, can't have everything i guess.
Would love it if it had a future expansion to 16 voices...

But besides the 8 voices not quite being enough, 3 Osc's of wavetables, sampling, granular and resonator with 6 lfo/envs through analog filters sounds pretty yumm

chk071 wrote:Alright, guess that is what i was missing. That the filters are per voice. Still a bit of a shame though, maybe it would have been possible to also implement digital filters, so that you can use more voices. Anyway, can't have everything i guess.
I'm pretty sure they have digital filters in it as well, after analog ones.

16 voices of this complexity would very likely push this above 4000€ and that would really put a damper on a lot of things.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”