Sloppy timing with an hardware synth = synth broken ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ! I need some help or advice.

I will try to make it short.

I own a Virus TI2 since a few weeks.
As you know you can use this synth as a VST, or use it with midi connection to an audio interface.

As Vst is known to be buggy (latency, timing issue), I bought a Roland Quad Capture interface in order to use it with midi connection.

It is well known : using a Virus TI2 with midi = No problems.

The problem is : the Virus TI2 is clearly worst in midi than in usb !!

In midi, I have a lot of timing issue !!

You can hear some audio examples :

Here is how simple chord sounds with only Virus linked with midi :http://picosong.com/vx6L/

Here is another audio : http://picosong.com/vxPN/

Before contacting you, I already contacted the Virus support : they have not find nothing to my problems, and same thing in the virus forum.

So, let me make it simple : is it normal that a hardware synthesizer has a sloppy timing ?
I recall that I use the Virus like the old way, with midi only ! I mean does it ever happened to you ?

Or is my Virus TI2 broken ? Thanks !

No its not normal. Which audio driver are you using?

First I come to think of - usb audio interface and usb midi interface on same usb root hub?

Really low latency over usb for audio might inflict on other stuff on same root hub.
- don't interrupt me, I'm doing low latency low jitter audio here

Some midi interfaces are class compliant, not needing drivers - others need branded drivers.
I know my KingKorg need Korg midi drivers, or it f**ks up. My EMU midi interfaces work fine without drivers.

My computer has separate usb root hub for ports on front and those on back.
Try run midi on other side maybe.

Just a few ideas...

I had also many problems with my virus ti snow

very important to know if your virus is connected with usb to your computer or you are using it as external hardware only trough midi without usb?

Blisargon Demogorgon wrote:I had also many problems with my virus ti snow

very important to know if your virus is connected with usb to your computer or you are using it as external hardware only trough midi without usb?
I had sloppy timing with midi, and no timing problem at all (except delay, but everything is playing with a good timing) with usb.

So now I use usb.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”