Stay Tuned. NAMM 2018: Introducing a new level of hardware/software integration for stage & studio

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

transmetropolitan wrote:Not the greatest timing to do a release tease with relatively little in the way of content.

Arturia and Korg for example have just made product announcements with way more meat on the bones.

Still, I don't mind big frothy statements so much if people can back them up.
Some decide to pre-announce products before a major trade show like NAMM, and they are entitled to do so. We prefer to announce the products at the actual show and that is not too far away so the timing would seem good in that context.

I am hoping for some kind of IK Amplitube Controller... The matt gray knurl textured images would suggest something for the foot. I am hoping that the product won't rely on a smart phone for the sound engine due to changing form factor and connection standards.

As NI no longer sells their Rig Controllers there is a gap there and if they give it blue tooth capacity as well as USB and Midi it could be used to control hand phone based apps and our plugins. That way, the phone people and the DAW users get what they need however they access the Amplitube tech.

Only a couple of days until it is revealed, I'm enjoying the guesses here until then. Thanks, I do like to hear what people think we'll be releasing and see who gets close.

My guess is audio interface + some sort of touch pad controller.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

My guess is, another IKM product no one will ever talk about again after 2 days of posts at KVR.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

I got that email about a revolutionary product and sort of closed my eyes as I opened it to get a surprise...

...Ah no! It's not MODO Guitars :neutral: :dog:
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Looks like this - https://twitter.com/icon_jp/status/956338412935569408

Not quite as exciting as I had hoped - looks like a controller/audio interface for amplitube.
Last edited by studiosonic on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

benjamind wrote:I got that email about a revolutionary product and sort of closed my eyes as I opened it to get a surprise...

I'll admit that's not it but there are a couple of products that will be very useful for guitarists (but not exclusively so).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
benjamind wrote:I got that email about a revolutionary product and sort of closed my eyes as I opened it to get a surprise...

I'll admit that's not it but there are a couple of products that will be very useful for guitarists (but not exclusively so).
Well, aside from Amplitube that's the only guitar specific product that I'm interested in, because I can't play guitar :D
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Just looking for clarification on a couple of points on the IRIG Stomp IO.

1. Can you use the just the midi control features and bypass the IRIG STOMP IO audio interface altogether so that you can use it to control IK Amplitube on your DAW using your audio interface of choice?

2. Is the controller flexible enough that you could use it to control any midi mappable amp simulations (or other device if necessary) - in other words can you change the controller numbers that that the footswitches and expression pedals etc send out ?

3. If you are using it to control a Amplitube on the DAW, can you view or change the values of any of parameters (say delay time for example) on the pedal board or do you need to interact with the computer screen to do this?

Scotty wrote:Just looking for clarification on a couple of points on the IRIG Stomp IO.

1. Can you use the just the midi control features and bypass the IRIG STOMP IO audio interface altogether so that you can use it to control IK Amplitube on your DAW using your audio interface of choice?

2. Is the controller flexible enough that you could use it to control any midi mappable amp simulations (or other device if necessary) - in other words can you change the controller numbers that that the footswitches and expression pedals etc send out ?

3. If you are using it to control a Amplitube on the DAW, can you view or change the values of any of parameters (say delay time for example) on the pedal board or do you need to interact with the computer screen to do this?
1. You can use iRig Stomp I/O as a standalone MIDI controller
2. You would need to use MIDI learn, there is no utility to change the messages at this time
3. Regarding viewing: That information would be visible on-screen, there is no LCD readout on the iRig Stomp I/O unit. Changing: You can assign the expression pedal (or connect up to two additional) to map to the parameter you'd like to change so you do not have to tap a screen or interact with your computer to change that parameter (or multiple parameters if you want them all to be mapped to a single expression pedal, etc)

Hi Peter, Are there plans to release a larger Irig stomp I/O in the near future ? I would hate buying this only to find out an irig Stomp IO Pro is released a year later down the line with more features and switches built in. What expression pedals and double switches will be compatible with the expansion jacks ? Will IK manufacture their own like they did in the past with the Stomp I/O and Stealthpedal ?

Is this a usb 2 or usb 3 device ? How low can the latency go on windows ?

Does the expression pedal have a spring to make the pedal return to heel down position after you let it go or does it automatically move to toe down or does it simply stay in the position you leave it once you take off your foot ?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”