Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote:Like made by this Dreadbox guy if he had completely no taste :D
Dreadbox? More like Redbox :hihi: This did strike me as sort of Erebus Plus though.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Surely it looks ugly. Like made by this Dreadbox guy if he had completely no taste :D
Looks like a Dreadbox design with a Virus A color scheme :) I like it ;) Someone at B sure likes that red tint (reminds me of their FCAs).
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

foosnark wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Like made by this Dreadbox guy if he had completely no taste :D
Dreadbox? More like Redbox :hihi: This did strike me as sort of Erebus Plus though.
It may look inspired by a Dreadbox, but does it have the sound of Dreadbox's oscillators? Something about their oscillators, they are just delicious.

Different VCOs -- Dreadbox uses saw core VCOs (not sure of the specifics) and Neutron is CEM 3340 clones (triangle core).

Different filters; Dreadbox has 2-pole filters that I seem to remember are their own design, and Neutron has their own custom design.

The Erebus's delay is digital with a filtered feedback loop; the Neutron has a 4096-stage BBD.

I really don't think Behringer set out to imitate the Erebus, but they might have said "we like this overall format and architecture, let's do our own version." And then coincidentally picked the same style of knobs, and put their patch bay on the right like so many are doing for some reason.

foosnark wrote:Different VCOs -- Dreadbox uses saw core VCOs (not sure of the specifics) and Neutron is CEM 3340 clones (triangle core).

Different filters; Dreadbox has 2-pole filters that I seem to remember are their own design, and Neutron has their own custom design.

The Erebus's delay is digital with a filtered feedback loop; the Neutron has a 4096-stage BBD.

I really don't think Behringer set out to imitate the Erebus, but they might have said "we like this overall format and architecture, let's do our own version." And then coincidentally picked the same style of knobs, and put their patch bay on the right like so many are doing for some reason.
Patch bay on the right is hardly a new idea.

Dreadbox did not invent that format either. They have perhaps popularised it because their filters and oscillators sound great.

That's why I said "like so many are doing." There are lots of examples :)

My apologies if I came across as grumpy! :party: :phones:

Not my intention. :tu:

No problem :)

foosnark wrote:Different VCOs -- Dreadbox uses saw core VCOs (not sure of the specifics) and Neutron is CEM 3340 clones (triangle core).

Well I can't wait until the day I have the Neutron sitting next to my Dreadbox Erebus, Hades, and Nyx... and Behringer Model D.
:)

as long as you allow them to play together.
let them have fun :ud:

No new information :-| I don't need more hype, I'm already ready to buy one as soon as I hear about the size and the price.

foosnark wrote:No new information :-| I don't need more hype, I'm already ready to buy one as soon as I hear about the size and the price.
84hp according to DivKid: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=805

Hmm, wonder if that was during the NAMM 2018 Roundup video he just did... checking that out now. Looking forward to seeing his videos of it. :tu:

Answer: yes, it was this video. He waves it around at 7 minutes in and then talks about it later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRsbh5Ex7U

Allow me to clarify:

1.) This is a true analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) circuitry based on 3205 chips.

2.) We are targeting to ship the first products from our factory by end of April. It will take a bit more time for products to reach our retailers.

3.) I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is US$ 299.99.

We have received such positive feedback about the Neutron that we feel confident about high projected production runs.
As explained before, we work very differently from most competitors as we calculate our prices "bottom up".
This means that the larger the production volume is, the lower our component and manufacturing cost will be. Based on our philosophy, we then pass these savings on to you.

As you know I am very passionate about synths and it’s our goal to get as many people as possible into making music.

Last but not least, I like to give credit to our multiple innovation teams who have been tirelessly and passionately working on this synth. I am very proud of you!

I hope you are as excited about the Neutron as we are :-)

Uli
Source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=915

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”