MOOG Minitaur & Sub 37 VST editors in Windows 7 not working

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello colleagues,
I post this here since the Moog forum is almost dead and can't find a solution nor help from them or anywhere else.
I'm having the popular issue "Disconnected" from the VST editors for the Minitaur and Sub 37, I'm using Windows 7 x64 + Ableton Live 10.

I've installed the latest firmware 2.2.1 and USB driver 4.35.0, also tried downgrading with other versions of firmware and using the generic USB composite driver from Windows too and I still get the disconnected message.
The standalone version of the editor works ok, so the issue is probably between windows and ableton 10. Was working ok in my old rig with Ableton 9.7.5. but not in this new PC and with the new Ableton Live.

Can someone tell me what can I do to test or solve this "disconnected" frustrating problem?

thank you in advance.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education. Bertrand Russell

I spent all night reinstalling all my system, migrated to Windows 10 Pro, I have everything working as intended now and like it must be, with MIDI only thru USB.

Because I'm not a moron, I came back to update, because I really complained in many forums about Moog and their editors, and the "disconnected" issue, but I also must say that I never got support from them by email nor in their forum. The thing just doesn't work in Windows 7 if you have a modern PC.

Anyways, everything working here now on Windows 10 Pro + Ableton Live 10 (USB driver 4.35.0 + Firmware 2.2.1 + Editor 3.2.0)

Best.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education. Bertrand Russell

There's a 2.23.0 Sub 37 USB Midi driver released in 2018 that appears newer than the 4.35 USB Midi driver. Maybe try that?

I've got a Subsequent 37 CV so the editor is a bit different than the Sub 37 editor. I've got it all mostly working on my Win7 x64 PC (in 64 bit DAW's).

One issue I have is that Norton AV thinks that the Moog USB Midi driver is malware. It doesn't match a specific virus definition, but matches what Norton thinks is a pattern of malware. I keep telling Norton to ignore the issue, but I'm not certain Norton doesn't sometimes interfere. (And I also hope that Moog hasn't inadvertently compiled some malware into their driver)! Whenever I connect my Subsequent 37 CV via USB, my PC detects it, then says there was an error installing the software/driver. Despite this, things generally seem to work ok.

I have found that drag and drop into the Subsequent 37 CV editor doesn't work on Win7. When Moog released a bunch of new presets, I had to copy them into the folder that the editor references rather than import them using the editor itself.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”