Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
tapper mike
KVRAF
4905 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:57 am

I've put a lot of RL musical instruments behind me even though I'd become moderately adept at them. That isn't to say I didn't have fun with them but I wasn't exactly productive either. While I do have a korg nanokey studio it's primarily for the control surface features. I have gone back and forth over whether I want to pick up the keys again but... Getting another linnstrument is my be all end all. Even if it takes a year or more.

Hermetech Mastering
KVRian
993 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Paris

Re: Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:00 am

Badly Jonesing for a Farfisa Syntorchestra (I mean I have been for about 20 years, but am now finally considering it seriously...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlLM_P6hMVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC7tLdH0NqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbNpmOCwrB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XfzxF1cMp8

Nothing else I've heard comes near to it.

foosnark
KVRAF
4529 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am

I'm kinda digging that mando. (That counts as "non guitar" right?) The scale length really feels friendly to me.
My spouse prefers it to the guitar too. I could see gettng another one, maybe a mandola or an electric, so we can duo or just so I can have my own. :D

vurt
addled muppet weed
40683 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:50 am

go electric! fuzz mandolin! :band:

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5267 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:54 am

foosnark wrote:I'm kinda digging that mando. (That counts as "non guitar" right?) The scale length really feels friendly to me.
My spouse prefers it to the guitar too. I could see gettng another one, maybe a mandola or an electric, so we can duo or just so I can have my own. :D
Mandolins are cool, much better than all that ukulele shite which is all the rage. An electric one as well would be nice. :love:

RichieWitch
KVRian
542 posts since 15 Jun, 2015

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:41 am

Looks like there will be a bonus coming up at work. Could be time to buy a big 504 hp Euro case so I can consolidate everything I have now and enough room for all my dreams. :lol:

vurt
addled muppet weed
40683 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:48 am

nice! :tu:

foosnark
KVRAF
4529 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:38 pm

donkey tugger wrote:Mandolins are cool, much better than all that ukulele shite which is all the rage. An electric one as well would be nice. :love:
Advertising has made me really hate ukeleles. Besides, if I had one, I'd have to play the glockenspiel too and start vaping and grow a smug beard and eat kale.

dark water
KVRian
1021 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Admittedly, these aren't sexy beasts. But the two KentonUK midi/socket SH3A devices will be very useful in finally connecting up my 1974 Roland SH3 (pictured) to my Cirklon :D

Music Bird
KVRist
132 posts since 23 Apr, 2017 from Eastern US

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:42 pm

I’ve gotten some percussion, my old grade school recorder, and a bamboo flute. Also looking to get a new keyboard soon.

Also, I’m looking at the following non synths
Viola
Alto sax
Melodica
Ukulele
Accordion
Does looking at an electric bass to buy some day count as non guitar, or still guitar?
Synth1, PG8X, Dexed, Sound Canvas VA, FB-3x00 series, blooo, scrooo, qyooo, SQ8L, GTG FM4, DSK Asian and Indian DreamZ, and much more VSTs. Casio, Yamaha, Korg, Alesis HW.

benheman
KVRist
164 posts since 18 Aug, 2014 from California, USA

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Definitely a new keyboard to utilize and take advantage of Omnisphere's latest update!

deastman
KVRAF
6952 posts since 7 Aug, 2003 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:24 pm

Medusa preordered!
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)

tapper mike
KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:31 am

It's funny I debate between the Linnstrument and Helix all day long.
I'm playing more guitar than LaunchPad pro's as I have a few gigs coming up and that is the mainstay of my material (fingerstyle solo guitar) I already have a Zoom GiXon. But it's a pain to organize and develop my patches with. It's also not that great and producing a clean signal. Where as with the Helix I can port the digital signal direct via an eithernet to Helix, I can download patches off the internet and program via laptop have a clear readable display on the floor and more.

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5267 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:38 am

foosnark wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Mandolins are cool, much better than all that ukulele shite which is all the rage. An electric one as well would be nice. :love:
Advertising has made me really hate ukeleles. Besides, if I had one, I'd have to play the glockenspiel too and start vaping and grow a smug beard and eat kale.
Absolutely. No product is going to endear itself to me by accompanying a twee advert with an even more twee version of a popular song, sung by some breathy young female singer with a ukulele. :x :x :x

tapper mike
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm

donkey tugger wrote:
Absolutely. No product is going to endear itself to me by accompanying a twee advert with an even more twee version of a popular song, sung by some breathy young female singer with a ukulele. :x :x :x
Okay not a breathy young female singer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”