U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
User avatar
Urs
u-he
26186 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:22 am

dumbledog wrote:Hm, assuming those 1-4 jacks are outputs I'd assume a gate sequencer/mangler of some sort.
Of some sort, possibly :hihi:

(hint: as this is our first module, we're aiming at a very fail-proof and manageable firmware... it's not going to be a largely experimental module like Clouds or a DSP-monster or anything... I do think it's going to be a key module in my own future patches & performances though, and I hope it'll resonate with others!)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88409 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 am

some sort of clock divider/multiplier/combiner?

User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
3270 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:35 am

So I can dream of a hardware DIVA in 10 years? Would love to exchange my S8 for it.
dedication to flying

cnt
KVRian
560 posts since 9 Mar, 2001

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 am

Interesting! I didn't know U-he was into eurorack.. I was just thinking about how they could contribute with something new to the eurorack community with all of their skilled knowledge in both software and hardware.

I began with 2 rows a couple of years ago.. but right now I have filled 5x104 HP... =)

User avatar
Urs
u-he
26186 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:01 am

rod_zero wrote:So I can dream of a hardware DIVA in 10 years? Would love to exchange my S8 for it.
If this pans out well, maybe earlier.

User avatar
Urs
u-he
26186 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:03 am

vurt wrote:some sort of clock divider/multiplier/combiner?
I do see a scenario where it could be used as that. But that falls under the category of "what's the worst thing you have wasted Maths for?"

User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
3270 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:06 am

Urs wrote:
rod_zero wrote:So I can dream of a hardware DIVA in 10 years? Would love to exchange my S8 for it.
If this pans out well, maybe earlier.
You are making me cry with emotion, I will start saving ASAP.
dedication to flying

User avatar
Urs
u-he
26186 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 am

cnt wrote:Interesting! I didn't know U-he was into eurorack.. I was just thinking about how they could contribute with something new to the eurorack community with all of their skilled knowledge in both software and hardware.
We'll see. I spend a lot of time patching and droning about. The module we're going to show is the result of several "why isn't there a..."-moments.
I began with 2 rows a couple of years ago.. but right now I have filled 5x104 HP... =)
I do not know how many rows of 84/104/126 HP we have anymore... we have drawers full of modules which take a vacation, and our main racks completely change about once or twice a month. Hold on... my assistant just tells me, we have 185 modules... gosh.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
88409 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:42 am

Urs wrote:
vurt wrote:some sort of clock divider/multiplier/combiner?
I do see a scenario where it could be used as that. But that falls under the category of "what's the worst thing you have wasted Maths for?"
you do know all this secrecy is just making it more desirable! :hihi:

User avatar
Urs
u-he
26186 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 am

vurt wrote:
Urs wrote:
vurt wrote:some sort of clock divider/multiplier/combiner?
I do see a scenario where it could be used as that. But that falls under the category of "what's the worst thing you have wasted Maths for?"
you do know all this secrecy is just making it more desirable! :hihi:
Well we're running into danger of a gazillion of Mehs once we reveal what it does... :hihi:

User avatar
dumbledog
KVRian
684 posts since 25 Sep, 2014

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:05 am

Computer, zoom in and remove context.
Urs wrote:gate sequencer/mangler... a key module... future patches... resonate...
Oh cool a key framing resonant gate sequencer with patch store/recall!

User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
11600 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am

Best of luck! I hope you have a lot of fun with your hardware endeavors. :)

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20894 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 am

Urs wrote:
vurt wrote:well make sure theres one for me, or as the kids say "take my money now!!!" :hyper: 8)
Maybe wait until we reveal what it is. I think atm we're not 100% sure what exactly it does.
You can call it u-hncertainty :hihi:

Chapelle
KVRian
1279 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:25 pm

If I steal one of these, will it start melting after some time of use?

User avatar
S0lo
KVRian
972 posts since 31 Dec, 2008

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Awesome :party:. From the looks, I'm guessing some type of general propose quad EG or function generator. But then who knows :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”