U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
86424 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:45 am

at my recent birthday gathering, i was videoed while chatting a bit with my granddaughter.
after hearing my own voice, my videos if they ever happen, will be music only :o
i sound like george formby! :o
turned out nice again!

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7350 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:00 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:45 am
at my recent birthday gathering, i was videoed while chatting a bit with my granddaughter.
after hearing my own voice, my videos if they ever happen, will be music only :o
i sound like george formby! :o
turned out nice again!
Yeah, that's always going to happen. Even Jimi Hendrix hated his voice. :party:

I definitely don't mean to dump on anyone, but I discovered that long ago that when it comes to learning, if the delivery is slow, then I've already l traveled to somewhere else.

If I'm recording someone (which I haven't been doing in a long while already) it was easy to follow because I'm listening for every detail to fix (so to avoid fixing in post when possible).

Shabdahbriah
KVRAF
7258 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7350 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm

Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
And this is why I need to move into a house first. The missus knows me too well too, so I won't even bring it up (again). I keep eyeing my bookshelves and wondering where else I can place my books.

I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules. The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:

I think we're 2 years away from moving out of NYC because of this pandemic (house prices are insane) especially if we stay in the area.

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20500 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
hehehe

That is the danger!! (and why I have avoided eurorack until now) Let's see if my powers of restraint will win out! :lol:

Shabdahbriah
KVRAF
7258 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:29 pm

elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules.
Is that the Colour 500-Series? Brilliant stuff!
elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:
The struggle is definitely 'real'... blank spots present an unbearable sense of incompleteness, which prompts an inevitable sense of 'potential', to compensate.

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. (especially if you maintain a 'list') 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

User avatar
elxsound
KVRAF
7350 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:29 pm
elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules.
Is that the Colour 500-Series? Brilliant stuff!
elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:
The struggle is definitely 'real'... blank spots present an unbearable sense of incompleteness, which prompts an inevitable sense of 'potential', to compensate.

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. 8)
Yup, the Colour 500 series! I was blissfully ignorant until just a few days ago.
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:29 pm
Brilliant stuff!
And you're not helping! :hihi:

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20500 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Looking at CVilization which arrived today!

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4305 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 pm

elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:29 pm
elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
I'm struggling right now having discovered the DIYR site and their 500 series modules.
Is that the Colour 500-Series? Brilliant stuff!
elxsound wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:12 pm
The struggle is that I couldn't handle seeing an empty spot, so I'd have to fill those up too. :scared:
The struggle is definitely 'real'... blank spots present an unbearable sense of incompleteness, which prompts an inevitable sense of 'potential', to compensate.

And THEN... the 'thing' miraculously shows-up. 8)
Yup, the Colour 500 series! I was blissfully ignorant until just a few days ago.
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:29 pm
Brilliant stuff!
And you're not helping! :hihi:
Interesting, I had not seen that stuff, from what I saw, the DIY area of 500 series gear was mostly
about improving quality over commercial racks and such. It was basically more expensive to go DIY
as opposed to eurorack where the idea seems to be able to do it for less. :shrug:

ghettosynth
KVRAF
13133 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
Gotta have discipline. Now that I've got that off of my chest, has anyone done a reasonably priced (small) case that closes up and moves easily?

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
4305 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:27 pm

ghettosynth wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:11 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 am
I've decided to put together a (relatively) small eurorack setup.
Said e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. with a friggin' wall of 'just-one-more-thing' eurorack. :)
Gotta have discipline. Now that I've got that off of my chest, has anyone done a reasonably priced (small) case that closes up and moves easily?
It's always possible to do what you want, assuming you have a good idea about that. Though, much
like plugins, it's pretty easy to get in to the GAS trap (if you view it as such anyway). Definitely it's
possible to do much with a surprisingly small investment. Of course, my rig is approaching 20 grand,
so I may not be a good guy to listen to. :lol:

User avatar
Urs
u-he
26020 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:11 am

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 pm
Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
Yay! Enjoy!

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
86424 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:20 am

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 pm
Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
i forgot to say in that thread about the x/y pad crossfade, i could do it with cvlization :tu:
(mode 4 quad pannier)

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20500 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 am

Urs wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:11 am
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 pm
Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
Yay! Enjoy!
Thanks! CVilization has an amazing amount of functionality in a small space! And the most important thing... pretty colors! :tu:

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20500 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:20 am
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:09 pm
Looking at CVilization which arrived today!
i forgot to say in that thread about the x/y pad crossfade, i could do it with cvlization :tu:
(mode 4 quad pannier)
:tu:

Return to β€œHardware (Instruments and Effects)”