IK MUltimedia UNO Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UNO Synth

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:58 pm Not to interrupt all that above, but please note that UNO Synth does not use membrane keys but utilizes capsense touch sensitive technology.
Been watching lots of demos of this synth. It deserves a place alongside my other hardware. I like it! This synth will be a Christmas present to myself. This is an absolute no brainer at the price. Please make more hardware synths in future. Maybe an "UNO XL" :tu:

Rob

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:58 pm Not to interrupt all that above, but please note that UNO Synth does not use membrane keys but utilizes capsense touch sensitive technology.
Hey Peter, you need to advertise the extra parameters that were added to the front panel matrix in the 1.1.1 update more widely. Hardly anyone knows about it and I had to contact support to get the info.

I also just watched the DJ Rap video. If that was designed to make me more inclined to get a Uno it would have had the opposite effect. It makes it seem more like a toy or a fashion accessory than a serious musical tool. And, to be clear, Uno is a serious musical tool. After all, it's replaced an Elektron Analog Keys in my studio set-up, at least temporarily, and AK is a very serious musical tool.

(Aside: Good news for AnX, too, he was right. I was thinking of the "SWARM" name that got changed to DUNE during the beta process. Antidote was indeed the early alpha of what became DUNE 2. I'm sure he'll sleep better tonight, knowing I was wrong about something completely inconsequential to anything.)
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

:party:

The unthinkable has happened - Uno has replaced Rocket in my live rig. As much as I love Rocket, I don't think it sounds any better than Uno and without a patch memory it's too much work on stage. As Rocket beat out Minilogue, Monologue, JP-08 and JU-06 for its spot, that makes Uno better than any of those synths, too. In fact, between Uno and MicroMonsta, I am starting to question whether I really need the Analog Keys or Ultranova on stage, either, and those are some scary thoughts.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:35 pm Hey Peter, you need to advertise the extra parameters that were added to the front panel matrix in the 1.1.1 update more widely. Hardly anyone knows about it and I had to contact support to get the info.
Agreed. Advertised at the top of this very forum now and there have been changes made to the UNO Synth page on our site.

BONES wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:49 am The unthinkable has happened - Uno has replaced Rocket in my live rig. As much as I love Rocket, I don't think it sounds any better than Uno and without a patch memory it's too much work on stage. As Rocket beat out Minilogue, Monologue, JP-08 and JU-06 for its spot, that makes Uno better than any of those synths, too. In fact, between Uno and MicroMonsta, I am starting to question whether I really need the Analog Keys or Ultranova on stage, either, and those are some scary thoughts.
Just quoting this due to actual, literal (for the latter) "shock and awe". That's great to hear. Scary or not.

So today i had a chance to play with Korg Prologue, Minilogue, Roland Minimoog clone, Mothermoog, Arturia Matrixbrute, Minibrute, Novation Peak AND IK Multimedia Uno.

And uno soundwise was a serious standout and not only that, but i had loads of fun just playing with it. As a matter of fact, pure oscillator sound is really very high quality, i liked it more then alot of many times expensive competitors. Only thing i was missing, faster modulation rate and poly (or paraphonic) besides many other features. But hey its only 199 and i would pick it over Minilogue, Minimoog clone and some other more expensive synths.

Great job IK, im curious what will be your next synth. Dos? tres? cuatro? Im curious :)

I am surprised at how little attention this synth is getting, especially considering the price to quality ratio. I am almost certain I will own one eventually but the Behringer Neutron is first on my list.

https://youtu.be/uE1oisaIlWE
바보

I agree with the first bit but I don't understand the second bit at all. It costs twice as much yet lacks a patch memory, arpeggiator and sequencer. Sure, you get cross-modulation but you also have to deal with a bloody patch-bay. IT seems to sound really good, which is something, but overall it looks like the exact opposite to what I want in a synth, yet it seems far more popular than Uno.

Check out the new series from Marc Doty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4sWmzgWftY&t=715s
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Got my Uno on Saturday and it sounds awesome :tu:
Would be awesome to see a bitimbral 8-12 or 16 voice version in the future :)

Yeah, it has the solid foundation to build something bigger on. An 8 voice version with cross-mod options would be amazing.

Some music and sequences created with this nice little synth :-)

https://youtu.be/dguWSTpc2K0

https://youtu.be/hOa9h1f3Ojc
ANR: reviews, interviews, news
http://audionewsroom.net

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:35 pm Yeah, it has the solid foundation to build something bigger on. An 8 voice version with cross-mod options would be amazing.
I agree :)
Would love to see a version with maybe 1 Mono voice for bass and minimum 8 voice poly with Sync or crossmod + unison on part 2.

Or a 8 voice with dynamic voice alocation on part 1 and 2 instead of splitting it into 2 - 4 voices synth that most do these days :)

It depends on price but I'd prefer to see them concentrate on making it sound great than doing stuff like multi-timbrality. If they can do it at a decent price, you'd just buy two. That's what annoys me about my Analog Keys - it's way too complicated because they are trying to do too much with it. I'd use it a lot more if it was just a normal four voice synth.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”