Korg MonoPoly - Still relevant and still magical - Free samples included

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I decided to put the old Korg MonoPoly into production.
When my passion in life is to make 80s inspired synthpop, I try to use as much as I can of the genuine hardware synths from the era I can.

I'm old enough to remember it from way back and it was fun to boot it up and see if I could get it to fit my somewhat more glossy style.

The MonoPoly is maybe known for kind of spikey sounds, but I try to tame it.

I've included some samples off this session for anyone interested. Links in the description to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wucBvkzko6Q

I love the Mono/Poly. I used to play one live back in the day. Beautiful filter & resonance which you show off well here. My favorite parts were the Xmod, especially when stepping through the arpegiator in poly mode, oscillator by oscillator. So much weirdness in this synth. later I got a Juno 106 - what a lifeless, boring machine by comparison. Almost no interesting functions at all.

I use the Mono/Poly software quite a bit now, though all the modulation and effects options on that can steer it away from its core sound.

Thanks for the video. Like to see more!

Richard deHove wrote:I love the Mono/Poly. I used to play one live back in the day. Beautiful filter & resonance which you show off well here. My favorite parts were the Xmod, especially when stepping through the arpegiator in poly mode, oscillator by oscillator. So much weirdness in this synth. later I got a Juno 106 - what a lifeless, boring machine by comparison. Almost no interesting functions at all.

I use the Mono/Poly software quite a bit now, though all the modulation and effects options on that can steer it away from its core sound.

Thanks for the video. Like to see more!
Thanks man! I'm using this, some of it, in my upcoming releases coming later this summer. It's very versatile yes and compared to the Juno series it has lots more stuff going for it. Both are great classics though, in different ways.

Sounds pretty good, it seems like the MP has a lot of range and the hands on interface is something that many polysynths of that time didn't have.
https://www.likenoorange.com
Premium Sound Sets and ReFills

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”