Why my Martin D-28 is called dreadnought?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I played a D-35 around 10 years ago that I regret not grabbing. I could feel the bass vibrating against my ribs, and not gently, either. A true cannon. Otoh, it would probably have been problematic to record it properly.

When I bought my D28, the HD28 was just a biiiit out of my allocated budget. My D28 gets pretty loud when strummed hard, while still remaining reasonably sweet and balanced in tone. The action is low without buzzing, and it's a joy to play.

And since I bought it, the price has jumped from around €2,000, to €2,700, and that is just since 2014. I could easily expect to get what I paid for it if I were stupid enough to sell it. If I were back in Canada, the thing would cost around 4,000 CAD, tax included. Yikes!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I’ve a D-35. Wasn’t really looking for that particular model, but I went guitar shopping every few weeks until I found one that jived with me and that one was dead on perfect for the way I play.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”