Moog One ... my wallet just went up in flames.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 am Just got the bad shipping date news :< Evidently release is shifting to the right by a few days.
I heard shipping starts on Thursday and may take 4-5 days to ship the various pre-orders

I'm number 40 :_
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 am I'm number 40 :_
I just logged in and checked... I'm number 39!

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:57 am
:dog: :hihi:

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:00 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:57 am
:dog: :hihi:
We must have ordered at almost the exact same time!

My SW rep said that 1-39 are shipping tomorrow... but 40-79 aren't until next week :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 am My SW rep said that 1-39 are shipping tomorrow... but 40-79 aren't until next week :hihi:
That's pretty much how my luck rolls.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:16 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:06 am My SW rep said that 1-39 are shipping tomorrow... but 40-79 aren't until next week :hihi:
That's pretty much how my luck rolls.
For your sake, I hope that is not what actually happens! :tu:

well, it doesn't look like it will get here for the weekend, so not a big deal. My weekdays are pretty booked between work, the todo list and various events.

unfortunately not... I've already adjusted :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 am
synthmagic wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:40 pmI'm just wondering what sort of electronics are in the Moog one that would differ so greatly from say a Dave Smith Prophet Rev 2(16 voice) which can be bought for around 1700 pounds, here in the UK. What I'm saying is, if Dave Smith can make a 16 voice poly synth for that price then what is inside the Moog One? Is the Rev 2 design based on loads of chips and the Moog one made with a more descrete electronic design, which presumably ramps up the costs?
Yes, it's a discrete design. Watch the tech talk video all the way through.

https://youtu.be/ujBN_JJ-mc0?t=1796

Where Rev2 is using Curtis chips for filters etc., One is all discrete. The only thing not discrete are XMOS CPUs of which they have quite a handful in there (one per two voices).
There is a lot going on inside it with all that computer OS stuff etc. I see they are using the ARP Quadra send system that allows external effects to be fed back into the synth - great feature that. They also made sure that the components will be available to future proof repairs. I have a Arturia Origin (module version) here which is a great design and easy to use, however the worry is obtaining parts for it. Mine has a couple of dodgy encoders and once the screen goes kaput, well I assume it will be game over for the synth because Arturia have dropped support for it(or it is a very basic support) which is a definite kick to the balls. So yeah, good Moog thought about the parts thing.
I'd love one, but it is totally out of reach at the moment...too many cats to feed and look after :hihi: Maybe one day.
Last edited by synthmagic on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

@pdxindy ... so what's your guess. Do you think something was wrong with the first batch and they are getting a retrofit? Can't think of another reason for post 50 SSNs shipping first.

they billed my card, so I'm assuming mine will go out today.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:25 pm @pdxindy ... so what's your guess. Do you think something was wrong with the first batch and they are getting a retrofit? Can't think of another reason for post 50 SSNs shipping first.
Who knows... it may just be a very big operation and the person doing 31-40 came in late... :hihi:

So funny that it looks like they swapped our SSNs.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:08 pm So funny that it looks like they swapped our SSNs.
yup! :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”