Elektron stuff dangerous, beware!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...it’s highly addictive. Elektron stuff have become cheaper and I bought myself an Analog Keys this summer and a Digitone for a month ago. They could have been any cool sounding synths if used as sound modules alone, but the seq :o , damn this trigger condition paradigm really makes a musical difference. It has been a long time since I saw innovation in music tech with game changing impact like that. Now I want all of those goddamn boxes, though I have no room for them nor am I willing to spend fortunes to get them. I’d say these are dangerous GAS candidates, so consider yourself warned.

The Analog Rytm is gorgeous sounding!!

I wasn't too interested in Elektron gear (not doing much with hardware), but I came into a few synths and wanted to supplement with drums / samples - but something different, so looked at a Digitakt. Wow! So - that's on the list, except now I want a Digitone too, and...

What's interesting was I didn't think they were too popular outside of Europe, but I started meeting people gigging with hardware in electronic music bands, and there's a lot of Elektron gear being used. But you wouldn't know it from the stores, which carry the brand online but never on the floor.

Only caveat is slightly limited midi implementation Elektron seems to be famous for - you can get burned in a setup thinking, for example, that you can get MIDI out from the Analog Keys sequencer. But that's a piddly complaint (unless you absolutely need it, of course).

I'm afraid to get a Elektron Analog Drive - 8 analog distortion effects combined with parametric eq and save to 100 preset slots.

I might stop using the tube stuff....this is so convenient for daw work to get exactly the same sound again - when continue on a project, which I tend to do never finishing....

Nice clickbait. Thought you'd get eat cancer from using their synths or something. :P

pdxindy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 am The Analog Rytm is gorgeous sounding!!
Couldn't agree more. I own a sh!tload of samplers and the AR in terms of sound is absolutely fantastic. It's one of the best sounding samplers I own. Sounds just come alive in that thing.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Elektrons are great center pieces for every studio.
Hopefully they will release the New Overbridge SOON.
The wait has been too long.

Jeez, almost got heart attack reading the headline & thinking they blow up or something ;) :D

I just bought my 1st one - A4 Mk1! <3
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”