What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
3937 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:02 am

waltercruz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 am
e@rs wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:32 am
For everyone posting software: this thread is in the Hardware section... :wink:
:dog:
:?:

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23666 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:20 am

machinesworking wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Gretsch Powerjet
Image
Nice. :)

User avatar
toonertik
KVRian
826 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:01 pm

D-Fusion wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 am

I use the extra adat channels by connecting it to my scarlett with a Digital Toslink cable so i get 16 channels of audio in my DAW instead of 8.

I bought the ESI U168XT in hope of getting everything in one box but it doesn't work at all on any of my pc's and i contacted the support around 6.months ago and still haven't got a reply from them.
:tu:
So no round tripping for you then :wink:
Are you happy with the sound quality, I wonder how the MIDAS pres are now... way way back in the 70's I had a couple of the MIDAS mixers for live work.. great mixers.

D-Fusion
KVRAF
3429 posts since 13 Jul, 2004 from Earth

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 am

toonertik wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:01 pm
D-Fusion wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 am

I use the extra adat channels by connecting it to my scarlett with a Digital Toslink cable so i get 16 channels of audio in my DAW instead of 8.

I bought the ESI U168XT in hope of getting everything in one box but it doesn't work at all on any of my pc's and i contacted the support around 6.months ago and still haven't got a reply from them.
:tu:
So no round tripping for you then :wink:
Are you happy with the sound quality, I wonder how the MIDAS pres are now... way way back in the 70's I had a couple of the MIDAS mixers for live work.. great mixers.
The sound quality is great and sounds the same as the pres on the the Scarlett with no hiss or other artifacts :tu:

User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
2980 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 am

It's he-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-e!!!

Out of the box, intonation and action bang-on. Needs to settle due to temperature changes, but it seems to be a keeper! A couple of pics in a while....

It's gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
2980 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 am

Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.

Made in Korea.
Unplugged, the Gretsch has a nice resonance. It really doesn't need an amp for practice in the middle of the night, or something.
Plugged in...oh BLISS! My wife said 'let's hear some Byrds!' And I did a medley of Turn! Turn! Turn! Feel A Whole Lot Better, and Mr. Tambourine Man. The Gretsch pretty much nails the tone.
The action I may play with a touch, but not very much. As I mentioned, intonation is spot on. I've rarely pulled a guitar out of the box and have it so well setup.
It is a touch on the heavy side, but still fine.
P1140336.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23666 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:55 am

Lovely :love:

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3281 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 am

Not much.
Shure 7B.
Guitar capo G7II
Studio acoustic treatment set.

Straight2Vinyl
KVRist
202 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:10 am

Just picked up a used MIDI Fighter Spectra yesterday. It's awesome. Crazy fast sample/drum trigger speed.

I still want to get a new computer monitor before the years is over.

User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
3937 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 am
Studio acoustic treatment set.
How much did you spend on that? Any particular brand?

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2403 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Bombadil wrote: Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.
Nice! Congrats :tu:

Bombadil, ever bought any guitars from reverb.com? Just wondering as I have been thinking about it, but have no experience getting anything that way.

Thanks.

Heh, I want one of those Powerjets after seeing that :D

User avatar
Bombadil
KVRAF
2980 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:10 pm

No, I don't really know anything about them, though I've come across links to them in the course of my obsessive 'hunt' phase.
It's a great guitar. It is a bit weird that 12 strings are my most expensive guitars, electric and acoustic. It would've been cool if the Harley Benton did it for me, but nope.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

tapper mike
KVRAF
4948 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 am
Here is a (terrible) picture. Have to wait until dark to get a nice shot. This one in no way does the guitar justice.

Made in Korea.

P1140336.jpg
Can't go wrong with Peerless made hollow and semi hollow no matter what the brand.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2403 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:10 pm
No, I don't really know anything about them, though I've come across links to them in the course of my obsessive 'hunt' phase.
It's a great guitar. It is a bit weird that 12 strings are my most expensive guitars, electric and acoustic. It would've been cool if the Harley Benton did it for me, but nope.
Re: Reverb.com... Ok thanks :)

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3281 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: What did you buy in 2018?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 pm

e@rs wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 am
Studio acoustic treatment set.
How much did you spend on that? Any particular brand?
Was-7 x 4 Absorbers+ Charcoal 4 bass traps. About 550 euros.
I.e. nothing too fancy. More important is, how you install the set. There are pretty good instructions available in the net, but check at least half dozen of those, and make your own summary.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”