What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was a very busy purchasing year for me --
ASUS ROG Strix Hero Edition
Novation LaunchKey Mini
Novation SL Mkiii
Komplete 12 Ultimate (Upgrade)
Korg M1 VST

Puh! :D Way tooooo much...

Novation Circuit
Novation Launchpad Mk2
Novation Launch Control XL Mk2
Novation Audiohub 2x4
KORG Volca Sample
KORG Volca FM
KORG Volca Beats
KORG Kaoss Pad Mini 2S
Allen & Heath ZEDi 10

+ kilometres of cable, tons of plugs... :party:
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

my only 2 hw purchases this year. maybe not a lot in quantity...but i sure do get a ton of use and fun out of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

Alesis SR-16
Alesis Harmony 61
Alesis SR-16 should be good with the built in rhythms, maybe try to recreate the amen break on it?
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

this year, new i7-8086k based PC, big project...
but I was also able to fit in a mcmillen k-board, and most importantly, my new monitors, a pair of presonus eris e8.
can't forget my shiny new corsair k70, what a keyboard.

acYm wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:31 am can't forget my shiny new corsair k70, what a keyboard.
Coming up on 6 Yrs continuous operation (pretty much) without a hitch here.
Still lights up bright as day 1, although the the coating on the wrist pad extension
will melt after a few years and you'll probably want to discard it eventually.

Other than that, it should last for f*ing ever... :tu:

dang. that sucks, I like that wrist-rest. hopefully the cold-ass weather here in montréal may help save it from such a molten fate.

Possibly, in any event, it wouldn't be a big deal to fix it if it did. You're biggest
problem would be getting tired of it, as theoretically, it should take somewhere
around 100 years to wear it out (on average) supposedly... :lol:

I also bought in non-synth gear an Irin melodica and a ukulele.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Yesteday's trip to Perfect Circuit went well...
I filled out my RackBrute 6U.

And I indulged in a Rene v2 and Tempi combo for my Shared System.

nice!

(i too need a bigger table :hihi: )

Very nice, I am already shopping for modules and I haven’t even got the thing here yet. Sigh...

pekbro wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:41 pm Very nice, I am already shopping for modules and I haven’t even got the thing here yet. Sigh...
the cartesian does plenty as is!

that said, a couple of filters (if youre in to that) might be a nice addition?

depends what you are looking to do obviously, but if you do a bit of research, and don't rush (too much) its loads of fun :D

(not to spam, its relevant... my latest post in the café may wet your whistle a little :hihi: )

All this talk about spam and pigments is making me hungry.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:47 pm
(not to spam, its relevant... my latest post in the café may wet your whistle a little :hihi: )
Nothing wrong with a bit'o spam..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

or is there?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”