Behringer: good marketing or not so great communicators?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Behringer has a ton of great stuff out or pending release, but they seem to remain quiet on a lot of products that are close to release.

Isn't the RD-808 supposed to be released next month? It's hard to find information on availability, and the same is true of the Crave.

I'm wondering if it's a good marketing ploy or if it's not very good communication on their part. Not looking to start a heated debate or anything (which seems to be the way most threads go here...), but wondering what sources of news there are on their products, or where they can be pre-ordered.
Sweet child in time...

808 is August, Crave is April.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Wasn't the 808 at one time slated for March? See, that's part of the problem - I've found it hard to get to the release date by just doing a Google search.

I know the Crave isn't far off, but I can't find anywhere to pre-order it. So many other brands get into the online stores of the usual suspects as pre-orders, but just haven't seen the Crave.
Sweet child in time...

Dude it is behringer, just wait until it happens no use in trying to get a date from them.
dedication to flying

Since Behringer is about releasing gear at low prices, I'd imagine not a lot of money goes into advertising or paying off the media shills. That's the price you pay for getting something half the price of a competitor.
<List your stupid gear here>

uli seems quite chatty on gearsluts, you could always just ask :shrug:

But even on GS when Uli says something like “the UB-Xa prototype is just finished .. software dev starts now which will take quite some time” .. 2 posts later, “So when is this coming out?”
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Remember he is a self-confessed disruptor, which means he announces things early to curb purchases to rivals. Eg, who would buy a Korg Odyssey now or during the last 12 months.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm But even on GS when Uli says something like “the UB-Xa prototype is just finished .. software dev starts now which will take quite some time” .. 2 posts later, “So when is this coming out?”
well, yeah, there are idiots everywhere i guess :hihi:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:16 pm Remember he is a self-confessed disruptor, which means he announces things early to curb purchases to rivals. Eg, who would buy a Korg Odyssey now or during the last 12 months.
This is exactly right. He even has his guys do videos of “new/retro gear” they have acquired to “play with”. I’m totally on the fence about Behringer. On the one hand, they are very mercenary corporately. But, they have started to make quality gear and have acquired some brands that make quality gear. And, you can’t beat his price point due to his self owned Chinese production capability. The question is how sustainable this will make the market? And all of the obvious ethical questions about cheap labor and disregard for IP (legal or otherwise).
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I guess it's a strategy that is paying off, and the fact that I'm asking shows that...
Sweet child in time...

Very wise of Uli not to promise a release date too early. Too uncertain it all gets done on time. We humans are terribly bad at planning. No surprise, since there are too many hurdles to take going from idea via working prototype to product on the shelf.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

yeah, look at the shite ni got thrown at them over massive x :o

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:18 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm But even on GS when Uli says something like “the UB-Xa prototype is just finished .. software dev starts now which will take quite some time” .. 2 posts later, “So when is this coming out?”
well, yeah, there are idiots everywhere i guess :hihi:

Thank god they don't post on KVR!

Gonna get me the 808 and the Oddy. Can't believe they picked my no.1 drum machine and no.1 synth of all time to 'replicate'.

But I'll believe it when I see it. I might get a 101 too if they do it in Blue.

And that's it. Not interested in anything else. Except maybe a SP-12 or Jupiter-8.

I'll be in a nursing home by that point...

What a time to be alive (and yet, still dying at the same time)!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”