Looking for a cheap, good, weird, cool, effects pedal for synthesizers.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I'm going to probably be getting a Behringer Deepmind 12, and I'm looking for a cool, weird, (and cool and weird looking) cheap, but good, effects pedal, that a synthesizer can be plugged into.
Probably max ~$100, I don't know.

Thanks!

DM is really full of really high quality effects - explore that first.
It's such a huge variety you have right there - in the presets, and then add internal effect as well if not already active.

A synth is not a guitar - where rather plain sound as you start off. First you want masses of distortion in a guitar - to cover up how bad you play, when beginner. So load of pedals to get variety. Over time you find that less is more - but that is another matter.

With a synth you have vast variety just shifting preset.

Just get on with it....

Here is the effect list
1 TC-DeepVRB TC Deep Reverb TC Hall of Fame* Reverb
2 AmbVerb Ambient Reverb Lexicon 480L Reverb
3 RoomRev Room Reverb Lexicon 480L Reverb
4 VintageRev Vintage Room Reverb EMT250 Reverb
5 HallRev Hall Reverb Lexicon 480L Reverb
6 ChamberRev Chamber Reverb Lexicon 480L Reverb
7 PlateRev Plate Reverb Lexicon PCM-70 Reverb
8 RichPltRev Rich Plate Reverb Lexicon 480L Reverb
9 GatedRev Gated Reverb Lexicon 300/480L Reverb
10 Reverse Reverse Reverb Lexicon 300/480L Reverb
11 ChorusVerb Chorus & Reverb Lexicon PCM-70 Reverb
12 DelayVerb Delay & Reverb Lexicon PCM-70 Reverb
13 FlangVerb Flange & Reverb Lexicon PCM-70 Reverb
14 MidasEQ Midas Equaliser Midas ProX* Processing
15 Enhancer Enhancer SPL Vitalizer Processing
16 FairComp Fair Compressor Fairchild 670 Processing
17 MulBndDist Multi-Band Distortion Midas ProX* Processing
18 RackAmp Rack Amplifier Tech 21 SansAmp Processing
19 EdisonEX1 Stereo Imaging Edison EX-1 Processing
20 Auto Pan Auto-Panning Behringer X32* Processing
21 NoiseGate Noise Gate Midas ProX* Processing
22 Delay Delay Behringer X32* Delay
23 3TapDelay 3-Tap Delay Behringer X32* Delay
24 4TapDelay 4-Tap Delay Behringer X32* Delay
25 T-RayDelay Tel-Ray Delay Tel-Ray Delay Delay
26 DecimDelay Decimator Delay Decimator Delay Delay
27 ModDlyRev Mod, Delay & Reverb Lexicon PCM-70 Delay
28 Chorus Chorus Behringer X32* Creative
29 Chorus-D Chorus D Roland Dimension D Creative
30 Flanger Flanger Behringer X32* Creative
31 Phaser Phase Behringer X32* Creative
32 MoodFilter Mood Filter Moog Type Filter Creative
33 DualPitch Dual Pitch Shifter Eventide Creative
34 Vintage Pitch Dual Pitch Shifter Eventide Creative
35 RotarySpkr Rotary Speaker Leslie Creative

And you combine any 4 each preset

Start messing with pedals - and you loose stereo as a start - here you got that all the way.

number 10?
reverse reverse reverb?
is that not just reverb?
dont the two reversals cancel each other?

vurt wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:11 pm number 10?
reverse reverse reverb?
is that not just reverb?
dont the two reversals cancel each other?
I thinks it's the name of the actual present within the Behringer Deepmind 12, the. What it does. I remember a couple days ago actually finding the manual with the presets. It'll be epic, using reverse reverb. I only just recently found out about it, maybe a couple weeks ago, and was trying to figure out how to do it, but couldn't, and there were no free VST's of it. So that'll be something I'll surely look forward to. :)

tbh, while i dont agree with everything lfm said (ive been playing guitar for 30 years and add more fx as often as possible :hihi: )
i do agree that maybe you should "make do" with the dm12 for now. get to know which, if any, of the fx you feel need improving or are missing. then i will happily help you find something :)
but for now, get to know the synth and the rest of your set up. and there are plenty of cool fx in software, something like dblue glitch which you wont find in hardware for less than 100.(probably closer to 500 and even then not all the easy to get a cool sound from functions) and is (was) free :shrug:

MS-70CDR

I think an MS-70CDR is mostly going to be redundant with the Deepmind's built-in FX. I used to have one with my modular and found that, while I could achieve some decent lo-fi "tape" stuff with it by abusing the Boss chorus model and a compressor, it is generally more fiddly and less good than plugins.

Right now the only three pedals I have are Chase Bliss Dark World, Red Panda Tensor, and Elektron Analog Drive. The latter is the only one that was close to the $100 range, and I have it basically soldered to my Reface CS -- it makes that synth sound nice and beefy. Dark World is cool but I find myself using plugins more instead, and Tensor does some unique and fun things for feedback loops that I really need to dig back into :)

The one thing I only just realized is, the effects pedals seem to only be mono/in, and, as far as I know, stereo is better. I'm thinking of getting a TC Electronics June-60 Chorus Effects Pedal, and I'm wondering; does stereo really matter? Will it still sound good? Is there a way to get stereo sound without buying two June-60's? I don't know.

Some pedals are stereo some are mono ... neither is "better". It depends what you need. The Juno pedal is mono because the synth its from is mono.

is it not mono in stereo out?
many (if not most?) choruses are, or at least have two puts because chorus is a wet/dry mix with vibrato i believe?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:13 pm Some pedals are stereo some are mono ... neither is "better". It depends what you need. The Juno pedal is mono because the synth its from is mono.
I guess I meant, "better sounding".

Fox_GAMING_NTF wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:13 pm Some pedals are stereo some are mono ... neither is "better". It depends what you need. The Juno pedal is mono because the synth its from is mono.
I guess I meant, "better sounding".
sadly there is no such thing.
as tcc says, just what you need in a given situation.

eg. my fuzz sounds great on some of my guitars, on a couple it sounds like arse.

also, you dont want to record everything in stereo anyway, mixing will become a massive pain.

listen to a lot of 80s songs, the synth lines are mostly mono, with odd instruments having a stereo effect here and there.

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm is it not mono in stereo out?
many (if not most?) choruses are, or at least have two puts because chorus is a wet/dry mix with vibrato i believe?
Yes, it's mono/in, stereo/out / mono/out.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”