Disappointment in hardware synths

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

assuming a) krim is a carpenter and b) joists is something carpenters do and c) joists go "up there" :shrug:

or, just for laughs...

fuckin ell, jo brand has let herself go :o

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 pm i am now imagining you, on site, in full back combed bob smith mode :lol:

nah, my hair is too short, but i always carry a nice lippy :wink:

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm assuming a) krim is a carpenter and b) joists is something carpenters do and c) joists go "up there" :shrug:

well, ceiling joists go "up there" :hihi:

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:25 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm assuming a) krim is a carpenter and b) joists is something carpenters do and c) joists go "up there" :shrug:

yay! i know "bloke" stuff :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:28 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:25 pm

yay! i know "bloke" stuff :lol:

incase you every get quizzed, there are floor joists too.... and even joists that are both at the same time :o

mind.
blown!

dp
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:31 pm mind.
blown!
There are dove tail joints involved too IIRC

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:10 pm Fun video with Eric Persing talking about the early days of synths and programming, and - this could be relevant here - explaining what Asshole Mode was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VwfLO0Hfts
lmfao that was awesome... and the japanese accent :lol:
Saved it in my favorites :lol:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 pm
blown!
not in joists (more furniture) , you might find a tusk joint/tenon (often used on floor joists around chimney breasts) but not so much these days....

... im boring myself now :hihi:
Last edited by AnX on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:33 pm
blown!
i have vague recollection of them from fixing a beareau drawer with my grandad maaaaaaany years ago :hihi:

im sure hes in heaven "jesus christ! sorry dude but look, he knows nothing i showed him!"

andymcbain wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:10 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:04 pm Same thoughts.

Well, I picked Make Noise 0-Coast, which is certainly not the workhorse synth, rather experiemental contraption.

Still, I figured out to record anything, I need to already know what to record - need to have melody and progressions in place and just tweak the knobs. Otherwise, whatever I record will end up in a trash,. as it's not possible to change the melody anymore once it's recorded :/

Maybe if I had sequencer, things would work quicker. But Ableton shoudl already cover all sequencer needs I could think of.

All in all, I took several attempts to get track running with 0-Coast, but didn't get far as yet. I took a break for now and decided to learn stuff (psytrance) with more conventional setup.
I would definitely consider giving it another try. A fun way of getting a psytrance track started is getting a sound palette of weird and unpredictable noises together first. Setting a sequence running through a hardware synth, tweaking the knobs, recording a bunch of audio and cutting it up was a refreshing way of working after years of working in the piano roll with soft synths.
I agree with you and want to try, but on the other hand... I don't. There are just so many things easier, and better to do instead. Will see.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I tend to agree, I love playing with analog stuff at home and recording little bleeps, bloops, and riffs... You run into sounds and grooves that you'd never find yourself in with a DAW and plugins. Onstage though, I prefer the structure and safety of digital stuff and software. I like to have everything under control when I'm live in front of a crowd.

my modular wont take pictures :cry:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”