Technique of the past. Nostalgia.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you have art museum exhibits in your collection? Which ones are you still using?
Image Telegraph Audio. We shape the music.

i have one of throbbing gristles drum machines.

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:26 pm i have one of throbbing gristles drum machines.
Lucky it was Sleazy running after you to retrieve it - one of the others would probably have caught you.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:26 pm i have one of throbbing gristles drum machines.
Lucky it was Sleazy running after you to retrieve it - one of the others would probably have caught you.
:o

cheeky bugger, i purchased it from chris :)

I still have an EMS sound beam, a Peavey Midibase and an adb keyboard and trackpad. A Fostex MixTab is still in use (had to write a script for Bitwig...)
There is also an original crackle box, but I have to repair it...
Of course my oldest instrument is a violin. The ages of my collection of Tibetan bowls is unknown...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 pm I still have an EMS sound beam, a Peavey Midibase and an adb keyboard and trackpad. A Fostex MixTab is still in use (had to write a script for Bitwig...)
There is also an original crackle box, but I have to repair it...
Of course my oldest instrument is a violin. The ages of my collection of Tibetan bowls is unknown...
i just went slightly green with envy :o

I bought a Tone Chameleon from one of zoviet*france ... not sure if that qualifies :shrug: It's about 25 years old now.

i also have one of dave mustaines plecs.
from the rust in peace tour iirc.

Lucky bastard.

You really are a wizard, aren't you.

I have nothing to contribute to the thread other than tones of slight jealousy.

Unaspected wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:42 pm
Lucky bastard.
its only a dr008 :hihi:
used on 20 jazz funk greats.
more interesting is the hand written xox notes for a few tracks including hot on the heels of love

sadly not a great one, or i wouldnt have been outbid on the original gristleizer :cry:

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:56 pm
Unaspected wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:42 pm
Lucky bastard.
its only a dr008 :hihi:
used on 20 jazz funk greats.
more interesting is the hand written xox notes for a few tracks including hot on the heels of love

sadly not a great one, or i wouldnt have been outbid on the original gristleizer :cry:
You're making some great sonic explorations without it - half way through listening to one but was interrupted. Will visit your thread again later. And not only a dr008 but a magick dr008. Great that you have those notes too!

For a while I had;
Black Coffee special edition. Around 25 special editions made and only 450 - 500 of the normal ones.
Future retro limited edition. The orange one of which there were 13.
Sequentix P3 of which there are only around 250.
And I had B12’s Emu Procussion that we swapped for a drum station.
All of that is gone for various reasons.

My Devi Ever Godzilla is one of only a handful with an error in the graphics. It incorrectly labels what the two sides are and the correct names are hand written on the side.
My TM3030 ( 303 clone) has a custom power led that changes colour depending on the filter envelope depth.
I have one thing from the 70’s and a few things from the 80’s in regular use but none of it particularly rare.

I didn't own it, but I had the privilege of using the 'Tosser Bass' for a number of years.

tosserbass.jpg
If that's not art, then I don't know what is. How the turner prize eluded us, I can't fathom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

obviously i didnt own it, but i got play with the blue man groups tubulum. i actually got to play with a bunch of blue man group equipment. i was part of an interactive theater company that was run by a guy who worked for the blue man group, so we rehearsed in the blue man groups rehearsal space. they had all sorts of odd things laying around in there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

^ That tosser bass is awesome.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”