Arturias Reply

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ya, compare them favourably to dinosaurs like Roland (who Arturia made a good living emulating) and Yamaha (emulated them too for years with the CS80V) ... that's not in the least bit disengenuous.

Other then perhaps the matrix brute, can you list any of their hardware synths that either slew of other contemporary synth manufacturers aren't also making a version of, or aren't simply redux versions of things like the Roland sh-101 ?

At any rate, rightly or wrongly, they're not associated with innovation.

If they didn't exist, the instruments they make would be made by someone else, and that's already true for pretty much 95% of their lineup before Beringer stuck their oar in.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:27 pm https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-to-c ... -theremin/

125871089_10158957253653914_1342307271831514774_n.jpg
The BCR64 looks great. I always was a bit sad that they discontinued the BCR2000. Had my eye on it some times, but, never really bought it. Not sure if I will buy the BCR64, but, you never know. TBH, at some point, I always work more with the mouse than with controls on my controller keyboard.

Daags wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm
If they didn't exist, the instruments they make would be made by someone else
you could say that about any synth company

Daags wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm Other then perhaps the matrix brute, can you list any of their hardware synths that either slew of other contemporary synth manufacturers aren't also making a version of, or aren't simply redux versions of things like the Roland sh-101 ?
Yes, I can:

Polybrute
Minibrute 2 / 2S
Microbrute
Microfreak -- while I know it uses some open-source code, it does have some unique aspects and as a former Plaits owner and general Mutable Instruments fan, does not feel anything like "Plaits with a keyboard" to me

I have no comment on the Drumbrute because I'm not familiar or interested.

foosnark wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:36 pm
Daags wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm Other then perhaps the matrix brute, can you list any of their hardware synths that either slew of other contemporary synth manufacturers aren't also making a version of, or aren't simply redux versions of things like the Roland sh-101 ?
Yes, I can:

Polybrute
Minibrute 2 / 2S
Microbrute
Microfreak -- while I know it uses some open-source code, it does have some unique aspects and as a former Plaits owner and general Mutable Instruments fan, does not feel anything like "Plaits with a keyboard" to me

I have no comment on the Drumbrute because I'm not familiar or interested.
They also make interesting controllers like the beatstep pro which will no doubt be copied as well.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So apart from Drumbrute, Polybrute, Minibrute 2 / 2S, Microbrute, Microfreak, Keystep, and Beatstep, what have Arturia ever done for us?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

et tu brute?

revvy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 am So apart from Drumbrute, Polybrute, Minibrute 2 / 2S, Microbrute, Microfreak, Keystep, and Beatstep, what have Arturia ever done for us?
Brought peace? :lol:

leeleema wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 am
revvy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 am So apart from Drumbrute, Polybrute, Minibrute 2 / 2S, Microbrute, Microfreak, Keystep, and Beatstep, what have Arturia ever done for us?
Brought peace? :lol:
Ah, peace? Shut up! ;)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

AnX wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:13 pm
Daags wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 pm
If they didn't exist, the instruments they make would be made by someone else
you could say that about any synth company
which is exactly my point.

being precious about one company vs another, especially when it comes to arturia v behringer, is pointless. if one swallows the other, the synth landscape will hardly be changed. so long as the victor in such conflicts is the one who, for the most part, delivers the best bang for buck - i am satisfied.

people getting their panties in a twist over arturia's controller 'design' being 'infringed on' by behringer is some wwe fan type shit, as far as i'm concerned.

my face every time someone's like "zomfg behringer copied my precious [insert corporate brand name]" :

Posted today on youtube: that 'synth anatomy' dude, demoing the Behringer 2600, with an Arturia Keystep 37. :hihi:
Behringer 2600-Keystep combo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

:D

Daags wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:08 pm my face every time someone's like "zomfg behringer copied my precious [insert corporate brand name]" :

You have a finely chiseled face.

^^^ so does Dolph Lundgren
Dolph Lundgren.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”