2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:47 pm I’ve almost bought Quadrantid Swarm several times because it looks fun. I’m actually proud of my restraint (and am patting myself on the back as I type this). I figured it’d be best to use all the goodies I’ve accumulated this year over adding on.

Plus I’m on the hunt for guitar tone and fx tools again.

Right now I keep refreshing the delivery status on Delay Llama which still shows it’s in Greece.
Now that it's set up it's like I planned this all along- but, no it was impulsive and crazy.
Restraint is good. But this thing belongs with eccentric weirdos like me.

Constructed Identity wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:56 am
elxsound wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:47 pm I’ve almost bought Quadrantid Swarm several times because it looks fun. I’m actually proud of my restraint (and am patting myself on the back as I type this). I figured it’d be best to use all the goodies I’ve accumulated this year over adding on.

Plus I’m on the hunt for guitar tone and fx tools again.

Right now I keep refreshing the delivery status on Delay Llama which still shows it’s in Greece.
Now that it's set up it's like I planned this all along- but, no it was impulsive and crazy.
Restraint is good. But this thing belongs with eccentric weirdos like me.
:hug: no worries my comment was purely a self reflection in the face of wanting (and still wanting) what you bought! 2021 was a busy, but productive and effective, shopping year for me.

I guess lump me into the eccentric weirdo group because that’s likely a 2022 purchase for me. :borg:

This thing is is a bit untamed. I sequenced notes to it and recorded this :scared:
[recording removed]
Last edited by Constructed Identity on Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Constructed Identity wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:00 am This thing is is a bit untamed. I sequenced notes to it and recorded this :scared:
:o A bit?!! :hihi: 8) ... I can see, poor vurt, scrambling for a shop that has these in stock, but finding only "we expect more any day now", making a pre-order, and faithfully remaining glued to his screen, hitting F5 until receiving confirmation that one has shown up.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

no!
i refuse to place back orders, otherwise in a couple of months ill forget, then one day, twenty different units turn up and i need some new tables!

listen later :tu:

I wouldn't mind having one of those swarms, however, much like the make noise desktop synths, I
can not buy every cool musical gadget that exists. Currently there is much I would rather buy
with the money before it. :shrug:

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:26 pm no!
i refuse to place back orders, otherwise in a couple of months ill forget, then one day, twenty different units turn up and i need some new tables!

Well, there's that. :hihi:

... {checks status on year long order for QuBit Aurora}
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:33 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:26 pm no!

Well, there's that. :hihi:

... {checks status on year long order for QuBit Aurora}
is that their vapour reverb? :lol:

^^^ yes. But it IS very 'unique' vapour, don't ya know.

when did, not selling display models, become a thing? :o

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 pm when did, not selling display models, become a thing? :o
I don't know that there are any 'display models' to be had. Only seen (pre-release) demo's at trade shows. It's freeze functions, are really appealing.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:02 pm when did, not selling display models, become a thing? :o
I don't know that there are any 'display models' to be had. Only seen (pre-release) demo's at trade shows.
sorry, not of aurora, something on my list.
they have one item in stock and one as a display or back order. but wont release the display :cry:
so im tempted to wait and get both somewhere else because theyve pissed me off :lol:

Ah. sorry. The nerve of them. Obviously, they are unaware of who they are dealing with. Post a link to the shop, and we'll inform them en-mass via email of your influential social media standing, and they'll come around. Or, just do that thing where you threaten to hold your breath until you turn purple, on a live youtube feed. :tu:

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 pm influential social media standing,
:party: my 12 subscribers(many of whom are modular users, roughly 10%) will never use your shop again!!!

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 pm influential social media standing,
:party: my 12 subscribers(many of whom are modular users, roughly 10%) will never use your shop again!!!
There ya go! :D Feels 'empowering' doesn't it? Have their logo flashing off to the side, and point at it repeatedly {bad shop, bad, bad!}, while embodying your truth. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”