MPC Live 2 fun factor

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kcearl wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:53 pm
I had the S2400 before it moved on to its next "owner"

Lovely bit of kit, well made, easy to use....would never replace any of the akais for me but great as an additional sampler
I just didn't get along with the MPC... obviously lots of peeps love em!

Theres a simplicity to the S2400 thats a definite plus.

kcearl wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 am Theres a simplicity to the S2400 thats a definite plus.
That is what attracts me to it...

kcearl wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:32 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 pm
Welcome to KVR :hihi:
Since 2012 :D
We'll miss you over at Gearslutz - you kept those MPC/Force threads alive, man!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:44 pm
kcearl wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:32 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:22 pm
Welcome to KVR :hihi:
Since 2012 :D
We'll miss you over at Gearslutz - you kept those MPC/Force threads alive, man!
Yeah those were the only threads I liked, mostly nice folks too but crazy off topic moderation so that was it for me. No hard feelings but no forums with guru moderating either :tu:

Moderation here is, in my opinion, some of the best ever. It's pretty tolerant and as far as my experience goes, very professional and just (I know some would disagree).

Maybe we need a new MPC Live/X/One/Force thread here? :D

Anyhow, good to see you again kcearl! :tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:49 pm Moderation here is, in my opinion, some of the best ever. It's pretty tolerant and as far as my experience goes, very professional and just (I know some would disagree). Maybe we need a new MPC Live/X/One thread here? :D

Anyhow, good to see you again kcearl! :tu:
Thanks man…yeah lets get a thread going in here :hihi:

bmanic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:49 pm Maybe we need a new MPC Live/X/One/Force thread here? :D
kcearl wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:51 pm …yeah lets get a thread going in here :hihi:
Totally down with that. The KVR community has been missing out on the new-gen MPC/Force for a while, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Let me make a couple of new free expansions to get the ball rolling 🙂

I'll have to figure out that expansion thing, how to do it properly. I've done a ton of custom programs that I am willing to share. Anybody else having problems getting the MPC 2 software to work on the latest Mac M1 computers?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:32 pm I'll have to figure out that expansion thing, how to do it properly. I've done a ton of custom programs that I am willing to share. Anybody else having problems getting the MPC 2 software to work on the latest Mac M1 computers?
Nope, my imacs are fine but Im on beta anyway...not sure if it addresses any issues with the M1. Ill check the release notes.

I made myself a lot of expansions this way, I got a load of Maschine Packs with Komplete acks Ultimate and just converted them for the MPC Live 2 with this (free)

https://mediachance.com/midimacros/maschine2mpc.html
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

bmanic wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:32 pm I'll have to figure out that expansion thing, how to do it properly. I've done a ton of custom programs that I am willing to share. Anybody else having problems getting the MPC 2 software to work on the latest Mac M1 computers?
Still not working on M1, it has been reported.
Last edited by kcearl on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:27 pm I made myself a lot of expansions this way, I got a load of Maschine Packs with Komplete acks Ultimate and just converted them for the MPC Live 2 with this (free)

Oscar 1’s programme :tu:

Does it make previews too? I like Kit_Maker as it can make Ableton presets and previews…the Ableton presets are good for Force projects as its crap for exporting drums beyond a stereo wave. Costs $30 though.

kcearl wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:37 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:27 pm I made myself a lot of expansions this way, I got a load of Maschine Packs with Komplete acks Ultimate and just converted them for the MPC Live 2 with this (free)

Oscar 1’s programme :tu:

Does it make previews too? I like Kit_Maker as it can make Ableton presets and previews…the Ableton presets are good for Force projects as its crap for exporting drums beyond a stereo wave. Costs $30 though.
I will buy that tomorrow! I have an MPC and Live with PUSH so this is a no brainer! Hope you get a commission :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”