Sugar Bytes GUITARIST released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitarist

Hi Tom,

Guitarist is protected with serial number and other methods,
but not with challenge/response or dongles.

best
Rico

Rajah wrote:Well I can hear the cries going out for MIDI OUT.. But nice plug here. :love:
Just played around with the demo for a while... unless you mean multiple midi output channels -> Guitarist has midi out... :D but then again the Telecaster samples sound decent to my ears and this will probably catapult my tracks into Shoegaze territory now... :love:

Heading over to the orderpage... the first update will feature a Gibson Jazz Guitar I hope...? :wink:

Cheers!

Takashi

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi Tom,

Guitarist is protected with serial number and other methods,
but not with challenge/response or dongles.

best
Rico

What about Ilok?

- Tom

I own Rob Papen RG and Guitarist seems similar but also complimentary. I am having trouble downloading the demo version here in China. Seems the download site may be blocked here. Is there lots of preset patterns available with it? RG has over 500 and those have been useful for giving me ideas for new songs. The Guitarist price seems too high when comparing it to RG which cost me $119.

dvbssman wrote:I own Rob Papen RG and Guitarist seems similar but also complimentary. I am having trouble downloading the demo version here in China. Seems the download site may be blocked here. Is there lots of preset patterns available with it? RG has over 500 and those have been useful for giving me ideas for new songs. The Guitarist price seems too high when comparing it to RG which cost me $119.
Rob Papen RG is nice enough, but the presets -- and actually, the sound, too -- are rather blah, IMHO. Same goes for the AAS product. You will be totally amazed at the difference when you try the Guitarist demo. And even more so by the production version. I wouldn't say there are a 'lot' of presets, but there are quite a few in various genres: enough to give you a pretty idea of what can be done. Perhaps people will offer to develop more? If you're a guitar player, you'll come up with your own at a fair speed, I'd think.
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

WOW!!! Sorry I spoke too soon complaining about the price. What a song inspiring piece of software this plugin is!!! I managed to download the demo using my American company vpn to get past the Great Firewall of China that blocks most download websites like Dropbox and the one Sugar Bytes uses. The GUI is lovely and the vibrating string simulation is fun to watch. I hope that Sugar Bytes will create more presets because the vast majority of people that will be interested in Guitarist are not guitarists. I'm a bass player and if I could play a guitar well I would not buy guitar plugins. Guitarist sounds more real than RG and is certainly much more versatile.

dvbssman wrote:WOW!!! Sorry I spoke too soon complaining about the price. What a song inspiring piece of software this plugin is!!! I managed to download the demo using my American company vpn to get past the Great Firewall of China that blocks most download websites like Dropbox and the one Sugar Bytes uses. The GUI is lovely and the vibrating string simulation is fun to watch. I hope that Sugar Bytes will create more presets because the vast majority of people that will be interested in Guitarist are not guitarists. I'm a bass player and if I could play a guitar well I would not buy guitar plugins. Guitarist sounds more real than RG and is certainly much more versatile.
Told ya! :wink: Part of the solution to the presets issue, even if you are a non-gtr person, is to grab some sequences out of the very commonplace free gtr tab archives, and apply them in Guitarist. Playing mix-n-match will get you to some compositional ideas too. But longer-term, it'd be nice if some devs stepped in with a 'product'. :roll:

I am really excited. The possibilities are enormous. Even a layman can build high quality guitar tracks with "Guitarist" with no problems. In all kinds of genres and styles.
Only the function with which you can edit chords to save it in one of the presets seems quite opaque to me. And so I agree with the first user review on here kvr in this matter: Such an innovative and well-done software deserves a more comprehensively manual. In some respects, at least

The Audio DEMO sounds very good. I'm afraid to download the VSTi just in case I fall in love with it. I'll check it out another time though when my finances are a little better! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Until you've seen the software in action, you don't have much of an idea what it can do. Go ahead and download the demo. Tempt yourself. The eye and ear candy are both delightful.

Meffy wrote:Until you've seen the software in action, you don't have much of an idea what it can do. Go ahead and download the demo. Tempt yourself. The eye and ear candy are both delightful.
So tempting. But I gotta be strong this time! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

horn wrote:I am really excited. The possibilities are enormous. Even a layman can build high quality guitar tracks with "Guitarist" with no problems. In all kinds of genres and styles.
Only the function with which you can edit chords to save it in one of the presets seems quite opaque to me. And so I agree with the first user review on here kvr in this matter: Such an innovative and well-done software deserves a more comprehensively manual. In some respects, at least
The idea here is to give you a chance to include -- correct me if i'm wrong -- more complex chord forms used, eg, in jazz. I've not tried this so far, but it doesn't look awfully complicated, provided "you know where the fingers go". Again, guitar tab is plentiful and free, so grab some ideas from there. The occasional 13flat9th, 7th#9th, min11, etc., and you're chillin' :lol:

Me, i'll go automating some Robert Johnson riffs ... :oops:

funkychickendance wrote: The idea here is to give you a chance to include -- correct me if i'm wrong -- more complex chord forms used, eg, in jazz. I've not tried this so far, but it doesn't look awfully complicated, provided "you know where the fingers go". Again, guitar tab is plentiful and free, so grab some ideas from there. The occasional 13flat9th, 7th#9th, min11, etc., and you're chillin'
Well I know how the fingers should go, (some of them at least... :wink: ) because I play Guitar. But it took me some time to find out, that you must draw a chord in one go.
And I still haven't got a clue what the animation switch is supposed to switch. I did expect that I could turn off the automatic movement of the virtual fingers by using this switch. Which means that the user could click on a string and then position a finger there without influenceing all the other virtual fingers. But this is not the case. Nothing seems to happen here if I switch the animation switch.
Anyway, my my contribution did relate less to the behaviour of the software than to it's manual. And I still think that there is a considerable gap to the perfection with which the Guitarist is made.

Will sugarbytes release more patterns ??
Or put user patterns online?
I don't have the nerves to do the grooves myself.

Hi -

Do the actual guitar sounds originate from samples, or are they generated by synthesis / physical modelling?

If they are are samples, is there any info on how they were recorded?

thanks

Return to “Sugar Bytes”