Sugar Bytes GUITARIST released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitarist

sorry to be a pain but i didn;t register my serial yet.. i did a straight swap with someone for orange tree strawberry (because with my back problems i can;t really use a big midi keyboard), thinking this would better suit me as it is very pattern based and it seems from the videos i can do things even with just a mouse.. but it was between this and RG. But i thought it was a great swap deal but i haven;t registered it yet in my user account download area specifically until i am sure acoustic is coming, and if i can play single notes, not just chords. I don;t want to register it to download it to find out that i can;t, because then i won't be able to transfer the license for a period of time as per your transfer policy.

????? is it hard question??

ttoz wrote:because then i won't be able to transfer the license for a period of time as per your transfer policy.
Really is there a period before transfer is allowed? I didn't know. Where does it say so?

You can see that in our shop, right side, shopping tips ;)

best
Rico

hi Rico, so can you answer the question LOL,.

can i play single notes, you know why i can;t download it cause that would mean to register the serial, and is acoustic DEFINITELY coming.....??

please?

ok this is useless, you are obviously following thread, but answered license questions lol.. anyway, i am going to sell this.

ttoz wrote:ok this is useless, you are obviously following thread, but answered license questions lol.. anyway, i am going to sell this.
Yes, an update is coming, including accoustic guitars, manual chord playing,
noises, but there still some research is needed, so its a bit too early for too much promises.
Guitarist can play single notes, since for each sequencer step you can decide which string to play, so you can play them all or just certain ones. That gives you the possibility to arpeggiate chords, and using the Animation Sequencer you can also play more notes than the chord includes,
hope that helps.

best
Rico

I tried out the demo last night, and liked what I heard. My main concern giving me hesitation in my purchase is the sameness of the sound. The ability to change the strumming position in relation to the pickups might help this. Maybe this would require a lot more samples though. I'm not sure if it could be digitally emulated using the current samples. If the strum position could be changed per strum that would be even cooler.

I'd like to see the ability to bend single notes.

I'd also like to see a built-in feedback effect. Maybe it could be included in the amp section so it didn't take up an effect slot, or better yet, the ability to control feedback on individual strums like moving toward and away from the amp would be awesome, ala Jemi Hendrix.

Hi Greg, thanks for your thoughts, we will keep them in mind.
Using the "Animations" section you can change single notes of
the playing chords, also bending is included, but not for single
notes. Feedback is something we also think about.

best
Rico

ttoz wrote:ok this is useless, you are obviously following thread, but answered license questions lol.. anyway, i am going to sell this.
i doubt you selling your unregistered copy concerns Sugar Bytes one damn bit...
lol they made their money! and if you are to sell it, they will not have to deal with your rude and childish comments and attitude.

:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

In a previous post just above here I mentioned, "My main concern giving me hesitation in my purchase is the sameness of the sound." Having purchased the product now I've found that this is not nearly as much an issue as I had thought it would be once I started sending a dry signal to other guitar effects plugins. I still need to see if I can get a soft round jazzy tone out of individual notes. I haven't tried yet.

Also, as you guys are working on the acoustic guitars, you might use RealGuitar 2 as a comparison. It's one of the few plugins I have been just about completely happy with, and use over and over again. I really like that I can do everything I need to right from the midi track ... play chords, play single notes, change strum directions, etc.

I noticed above that you mentioned you are working on "manual chord playing". I'm not sure what your approach will be, but I'm guessing it will have to be a different selectable mode than the current midi mapping which already uses up four octaves for the Chord Board and Patterns, but even if you do have a separate mode, I think more parameters could be added to the current midi mapping as well, like playing individual notes of the currently selected Chord Board chord, strum direction, etc. There are still a lot of keys open that could be used.

Another thing I would like to see is a Sugar Bytes forum where users can exchange and discuss presets, patterns, sounds, etc.

All in all, I am fairly happy with Guitarist, and with the coming updates might just reach the point of satisfaction I've had with RealGuitar 2. I came to the conclusion some time ago that electric guitars are much more difficult to emulate than acoustic guitars. I found a good acoustic plugin fairly easily, but had tried several electric guitar plugins, and was completely unsatisfied. Guitarist easily has the most potential out of those I have tried so far.

Okay, one more thing for this post. Please have a listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrmJuCxFTQ

A bunch of simple arpeggio patterns like that would be great. RealGuitar 2 doesn't have anything like that at all. These sort of simple repeated arpeggio patterns are really common in singer/songwriter music where you just have a singer/guitarist. Younger Brother doesn't really have any other examples of this sort of thing, but other artists to look at would be David Gray and Alexi Murdoch.

Another nice feature of RealGuitar 2 is the section of presets called, "Endings". This is similar in nature to the Outro patterns that can be found in Addictive Drums.

A lot of the patterns available for Addictive Drums come with separate Verse, Chorus, Bridge, and Middle8 variations. These can all be dragged to midi and then arranged however you please.

Something I mentioned in an email to you guys is that you can make bundles of patterns, sound presets, etc for particularly styles of music and sell them as addon packs. This also opens up the possibility for third party vendors to create value added addon packs as well.

I think the combination of a dedicated forum and regular addon packs helps build a sense of community and keeps things fresh. Though don't get me wrong, I appreciate free updates with new instruments, presets, and patterns as well. :)

Does the purchased version of this provide more guitars than just the Telecaster ?

How did i miss this !! i love it.

EDIT just read the thread properly ! :oops:

Strat, Tele and Starplayer are included.
Just finished the Spanish Acoustic, a Gibson Hummingbird and a
12 String will follow, then it's time for the update ;)

best
Rico

Really excited to hear the new guitars.

FEATURE REQUESTS/ENHANCEMENTS:
I'd like to see the tempo attached to individual patterns rather than the entire preset. There's a couple advantages to this. If I go audition some other patterns and then try to copy/paste them into my project preset, that new pattern may play back at the wrong tempo. Another advantage is you can copy the same pattern to three pattern keys and change the tempo for each for different parts of the song.

If I am grasping the interface correctly, it appears to me that if I want to make an 8 bar solo at 1/16 tempo that I would need to make 8 different patterns and trigger them in order either via midi or the song sequencer. That's a little complicated, but doable. What would be nice is to be able to label parts in the song sequencer as either Verse, Chorus, Bridge, or Middle8, and then to be able to copy those individually to another preset. Something like the Middle8 where it is an 8 bar solo would be the most complicated being that it would likely be made up of multiple patterns. There may not be enough room to actual label the parts with words. Another option would be to be able to color code them. There is plenty of room below the song sequencer for a legend. Another option that might be more in tune with the current UI is just to use a single letter to label each section, V, C, B, M.

The ability to drag sections left to right, and copy/insert them within the song sequencer would be nice.

Ultimately it would be awesome to be able to drag those sections to the midi track and be able to organize and make tweaks to them there, ala RealGuitar 2 and Addictive Drums. Even if you had to use two midi tracks somehow in order to use the full feature set of Guitarist from midi, I think that would be a great option for a lot of us. I think your Effectrix, like a lot of other glitch plugins, works sort of like this being controlled from a separate midi track than the one it is on. This would require two drag and drops for each section, but I don't have a problem with that.

QUESTION:
How is the Action Section meant to be used? Can those functions be controlled by midi somehow? Unless I'm missing something, and that is very possible, they seem to be sort of useless at this point.

I just added another midi track and set my Guitarist instance up as the midi input just to see if maybe the Action Section functions were controlled that way, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Again, this is how the glitch plugins tend to be controlled.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”