Egoist sample handling...

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I have written to You about this several times since back when it was released. I will try to explain this again.

Imagine this:
You want to work with Your own sample in the slicer. And while browsing for samples You stumble on a happy accident, it has happened to me several times. You have several hard drives, USB sticks etc with samples. Maybe You load something from a song You are working on that later gets backed up and removed. You save the preset in Egoist.

Next time You startup Egoist and load the preset there is no warning that the sample is missing it's just silent, You have no search function or indication from where the sample was taken. If the sample is not still exactly where You found it You are lost. All that it does is look inside the "user folders" (which is fine if there was a collect sample feature but there isn't).

Since the sample name in Egoist is only displayed as 20 characters I am not even sure if I find the correct one if I search for it in Finder since most sample libraries use the same first 20 characters in the name.

Please find a solution for this, preferably a collect samples at save or some way to see exactly where the sample was taken from with it's full name.

Cheers

Return to “Sugar Bytes”