Obscurium crashes

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
EnsoLake
KVRer
18 posts since 15 Nov, 2017

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am

Hi all,

I hope Sugar Bytes is reading along.

I installed the demo of Obscurium and used the plugin in Cubase 9.5. It crashed Cubase.
Then I tried it in Reaper, the latest version. Now Reaper is rock solid and it never crashes on me, but it crashed.
Then I tried the standalone version of Obscurium, and it crashed.
This is on a new iMac.

Is Sugar Bytes aware of this?

Regards,
Hans

Sugar Bytes
KVRian
1109 posts since 27 Apr, 2007

Re: Obscurium crashes

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:52 am

Hi EnsoLake,

thanks for the report! Did you already try a simple reinstall?

Is there a specific error message?

If there is a crashlog please send it to me here:
support[@]sugar-bytes.de.

Please also let me know some more details about your setup to reproduce the issue here as we haven't heard of that problem before.
It would help a lot to know what you are exactly doing if the problem occurs. Browsing through the presets? Turning the knobs? Saving?

Which soundcard are you using and which audio device are you exactly working with?
Also, do you possibly have a special IAC setup? What you could try is to deactivate or remove your current MIDI device and check if the standalone versions work for you then.

Sorry, that there are more questions than answers but I will need some more information to help me reproducing the issue. Any additional info that could be relevant will help us.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

EnsoLake
KVRer
18 posts since 15 Nov, 2017

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 am

Hi Nadine,

No problem.
I have sent a crash report to support.

When I use Obscurium as a plugin [with no plugin loaded in O.] then there is no problem, so far.
I loaded AAS Chromaphone in Obscurium with no problems during a whole Demo cycle.
Then I loaded U-he Ace and Cubase crashed within a minute. (This also happened with U-he Zebra and Diva.)
I wasn't doing anything at the moment.
Not clicking in Ace, not clicking in O. Just listening to the amazing sounds and then...poof.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), 3,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Cubase 9.5.10.79 (latest update)
Audient ID4

Regards,
Hans

Sugar Bytes
KVRian
1109 posts since 27 Apr, 2007

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 am

Hi EnsoLake,

ok, thanks! We will of course look into this and let you know as soon as we could reproduce it here in our office.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”