Obscurium as synth without retriggering notes

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, is it possible to use obscurium as a synth without the triggering of new notes using the trigger sequnce, just getting modulation of the sound parameters on something like a sustained chord. I seem to get this happening sometimes but not others, which means i dontreally understand it

I asked for this when I first got it, I don't want it as a glorified arpeggiator for notes but to modulate other params

Yes, i am getting clossr to what iwant but the extreme jumps in modulation arent happening withiut note retriggering

Seems to be working OK here. Two things to check:

1. 'MIDI only' activated in the Pitch tab.
2. Leftmost slider in the Amp Env tab set all the way down so it's 100% MIDI envelope (thus 0% arp envelope)

This was originally 3 things, but I've just realised you don't need to deactivate the gate triggers just below the main sequencer panel assuming MIDI only and MIDI envelope are set. Tested out both the internal synth and using Obscurium to drive TAL Bassline 101 and there don't appear to be any erroneous note-ons happening.

cron wrote:Seems to be working OK here. Two things to check:

1. 'MIDI only' activated in the Pitch tab.
2. Leftmost slider in the Amp Env tab set all the way down so it's 100% MIDI envelope (thus 0% arp envelope)

This was originally 3 things, but I've just realised you don't need to deactivate the gate triggers just below the main sequencer panel assuming MIDI only and MIDI envelope are set. Tested out both the internal synth and using Obscurium to drive TAL Bassline 101 and there don't appear to be any erroneous note-ons happening.
thanks - that is where I am at now but I don't find the modulation is as extreme as when using the trigger system. I think that is the lack of pitch modulation but will continue looking at it. Using the triggers to give pitch modulation without retriggering notes is probably what I am wanting but I need to investigate further. I can fake it a bit by bringing in the ARP a little with a slow attack using that slider in your suggestion #2

Return to “Sugar Bytes”