Aparillo is not a classic FM Synthesizer you maybe expect its for complex Sounds. It uses FM and you can do bells, like the preset "DX Bell CCT" sounds like a bell.
Characteristic of Bells:
- FMed sine waves
- long release of modulator oscillator
- plucked carrier
- mostly non harmonic
And there are a hell lot of different Bell Sounds in the world.
If you want a general FM Synthesis Tutorial then its maybe not the Aparillo Plugin Thread you maybe search.
But after trying around i get a beelish Sound out of INIT. Yes okay maybe more like Steel Drum or also Mallet but okay. There are a hell of....
So try this from INIT: (From Top to Down, Left to Right)
- set Algo 3
- set Clock
- OP 1 - Ratio 4, FM variabel you need to try
- OP 2 - Ratio around 3, FM around 50%
- Shift 0
- From booth Shaper and a bit FOLD, Jitter and Bright OFF
- OP Balance around 70%
- Level -3 dB
- Filter, LP 4 Silk, Cutoff 1k, Reso 66 %
- Spacializer, Size 44,Feed 40,Mix 30
- Reverb a bit
- Mod Env - A-D-S-R _ 1-6-23-55
- Vel Env - A-D-S-R _ 1-200-22-1s
Set the Mod Env to all of Op 1, OP 2, Form, Filter Cutoff and Reso
Play around with booth Env and also Shift.
Now in DEXED:
- Algorithm 1
- OP 2 - Volume up, Coarse f=18
- OP 1 - Env EG Rate (3) = 55, LVL (3) = 0 (short Env)
- OP 3 - LVL up, give release with EG Rate (4) = 30
(Play with Enevlopes and Ratio/ Coarse)
Maybe use Dexed for learning.