Nest released!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today we released Nest, our new and revolutionary DIY Sequencer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k0DHqvRbzQ
Download Demo here:
https://sugar-bytes.de/nest

Hmm, I don't have any hosts that can verify the plugin, vst 2-3. Blacklisted every time, multiple hosts, Win 8.1 64.
NestCapture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This looks really awesome! Will definitely be investigating it.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:11 pm Hmm, I don't have any hosts that can verify the plugin, vst 2-3. Blacklisted every time, multiple hosts, Win 8.1 64.

NestCapture.jpg
Hi pekbro, that's strange. We never heard about this issue before and there currently are no such reports from our other users. Have you already tried a simple reinstall? Does at least the standalone version work for you?

Anyway, the installer of Nest will ask you for the VST plugins folder. There make sure you set the VST plugins folder that your DAW is using or evaluate if you are looking in the correct folder. Which means you have to make sure to either add this path to the plugin search folder or to copy the Nest.dll from the default installation folder to the folder your DAW is looking for. Then make a rescan.

What you could also try is to start DAW with a rightclick "run as admin", just to see if it makes a difference.

Make also sure to install Nest on the user account you will really work with DAW afterwards.
And that the path really exists on the correct user account.

Hope this helps. If not, please send us a proper email to support[@]sugar-bytes.de and let us know in some more details at which point it exactly fails for you and the DAWs (64bit or 32bit?) you are exactly using.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine

Hooo. I d really want the same thing for a synth !
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Ok. This is really cool! I’d like to figure out two things though. I’d like to route the available midi voices to different midi tracks in Ableton Live and use Ableton’s instruments. Is Ableton’s External Instrument the way to go with that?

I'm absolutely in love with this thing. Only reason I haven't bought it yet is that I have to decide if it's all I'm picking up or if I should just bite the bullet and get the bundle.

Sugar Bytes wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:10 am
pekbro wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:11 pm Hmm, I don't have any hosts that can verify the plugin, vst 2-3. Blacklisted every time, multiple hosts, Win 8.1 64.

NestCapture.jpg
Hi pekbro, that's strange. We never heard about this issue before and there currently are no such reports from our other users. Have you already tried a simple reinstall? Does at least the standalone version work for you?

Anyway, the installer of Nest will ask you for the VST plugins folder. There make sure you set the VST plugins folder that your DAW is using or evaluate if you are looking in the correct folder. Which means you have to make sure to either add this path to the plugin search folder or to copy the Nest.dll from the default installation folder to the folder your DAW is looking for. Then make a rescan.

What you could also try is to start DAW with a rightclick "run as admin", just to see if it makes a difference.

Make also sure to install Nest on the user account you will really work with DAW afterwards.
And that the path really exists on the correct user account.

Hope this helps. If not, please send us a proper email to support[@]sugar-bytes.de and let us know in some more details at which point it exactly fails for you and the DAWs (64bit or 32bit?) you are exactly using.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Nadine
Thanks Nadine, actually I nuked that OS installation and upgraded for unrelated reasons. I will try
the plugin again at a later date. I'm sure it's fine as nobody else seems to be having trouble. -cheers

Hey there!
I made a quick preview video of Nest. I hope you'll like it!
I tried to explain the different modules with a few words, not an easy task :)
https://youtu.be/2MilXggze1E

Like all SB products its well thought out, interesting and a lot of fun. I am not sure its worth the cost to me personally as I have a lot if this type of stuff already in hardware and software...but I am glad SB make stuff like this!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hallo, Nest is amazing. But I have the following request: As I'm using it as a Midi FX plugin in Logic Pro X, it would be great if in this mode all outputs could be permanently set to Midi. Even when switching the presets.
Above this, I think it would be a great advantage overall if the outputs could be locked when changing presets.
Cheers!

Tomavatars wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:09 am I made a quick preview video of Nest. I hope you'll like it!
Very, very useful to get started trying things quickly. Then there are the SB tutorials.

W23 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:44 pm Ok. This is really cool! I’d like to figure out two things though. I’d like to route the available midi voices to different midi tracks in Ableton Live and use Ableton’s instruments. Is Ableton’s External Instrument the way to go with that?
Nest supports sending to different channels. In Bitwig, activating that option and then opening up channels will result in have the four internal synths each on it's own channel. This actually a very nice audio feature.

Many aspects of Nest are well thought of which makes it interesting to spend time to learn about it and eventually use it in productions.

Soman wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:00 pm Above this, I think it would be a great advantage overall if the outputs could be locked when changing presets.
It looks and it sounds like a bug. If I choose the 'Chordie' preset then the Multi-Outs option, I can add channels in Bitwig and each internal synth has then its own channel.

If I change the preset to 'Beat N Synths' then a loud noise is heard on channel 4, and faint noises on channels 2 and 3 while channel 1 is OK.

It would indeed be nice if the channel assign could stay while changing presets.

Using Nest with multiple outs is great.

Tschüß.

I was able to make something I found interesting in about 5 minutes after watching the first tutorial and just haphazardly wiring a few things and picking some presets. So it's almost certain I will buy this.

Immediate questions are:

1) Can we have more constant knobs, oscillators, and more than one of delay/envelope/…?

Although I've not been active recently I built a lot of stuff in Reaktor and I was always finding I wanted more source inputs to create interesting variations.

I haven't gotten to them but I have a feeling the shift registers will be key to creating variation. But only two constants, two oscillators, and 1 delay/envelope feel an arbitrary limit on complexity.

I realise any of this makes the interface more complex however it is already complex and I think it would be justified.

2) can we sample external signals (via a sidechain input)?

I thought the envelope might have this functionality but a cursory scan of the manual doesn't suggest any way to do this. I've had good fun with sequencers triggered off a tunable bandpass filter running on a sidechain input. I can imagine a lot of creative uses for this in Nest.

Matt

Return to “Sugar Bytes”