Vince Clarke uses Muon Tau Pro!

Official support for: muon-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's right. In the recent interview with Computer Music magazine, the synth overlord himself says he loves the Muon Tau Pro and uses it regularly. Just goes to show that some instruments never get old or passe and also speaks volumes for this little puppy's sound quality and how well it's held up all these years later! Well done Muon. It also shows that while we fret about the latest super synth and analogue authenticity, people like Mr. Clarke are busy making hit records with quality 'classic' soft synths like the Tau Pro and Oddity etc. Hmmm...

Yes, "it's not the tools, it's how you use the tool that matters". An amateur with a studio worth a billion, will pale compared to Vince Clarke with [insert-freeware-synth] :wink:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

That's really nice of him to say so - I shall be sure to get that issue :-)

Kind regards
Dave Waugh
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Didn't he sell all his old analog hardware recently?

aMUSEd wrote:Didn't he sell all his old analog hardware recently?
No. He sold some water damaged stuff. A Fairlight amongst other things.

In fact he has shipped his collection over to USA and is setting it up in his studio.

EDIT: It was only the Fairlight that was water damaged. The rest of the stuff was because of the 220->100 volt situation. No synths. Mostly effects,tape recorders and crap. He did sell his Roland MC4's which was a surprise.
http://failedmuso.blogspot.com/2007/11/ ... -sale.html
Last edited by jupiter8 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

He started using Logic and softsynths while he was relocating to America.

He used software because he wanted to do music, and couldnt wait for all his gear to be shipped. The next album is gonna be full of his old vintages again however, as he says "they have more depth and soul".

Really looking forward for the new album, as its gonna be a bit deeper and not as pop'y as the latest one. Also, i personally really dont like any of the sounds he managed to tweak with the softs..

Luftrum wrote:Yes, "it's not the tools, it's how you use the tool that matters". An amateur with a studio worth a billion, will pale compared to Vince Clarke with [insert-freeware-synth] :wink:
or....anyone who already got a name/brand like Vince Clarke can use anything and make anything with it and people will buy it no matter what!

...but honestly...Moun Tau pro is certainly not a bad synth anyway, so it is no big deal. A better point would be the suggestion that softsynths in general are good enough to old "analogue nerds" such as Vince and therefore should be good enough to everyone -at least in principle.
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

actually, although i respect the man, i think he seems to be stuck in that 80's technopop rut of taste, musically talking, so i definitely wouldnt trust him much when it comes of being "up-to-date" on synth sounds..with that said, im glad such musician underlined the fact that soft synths can be used for such stuff and its not blasphemy saying it...and definitely congrats to Muon to have gained such testimonial :tu:

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Muon Software”