Catalina Nightmare

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
BeatMaker_xyz
KVRist
52 posts since 2 Dec, 2016 from Palma de Mallorca

Post Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:47 am

For almost a month I have been testing with Natan with the different versions of Maize Sampler that Xiang is providing us, to this day the tests are summarized:

Problem summary:

Plugins created in macOS Catalina and tested directly without compressing or uploading them to the internet: It works

Plugins exported in Catalina, compressed and uploaded to the Internet for later download in Catalina: Damaged

Plugins exported in windows and transferred to macOS catalina on a pendrive: It works

Plugins exported in windows and uploaded to the Internet for later download in Catalina: Damaged

BeatMaker_xyz
KVRist
52 posts since 2 Dec, 2016 from Palma de Mallorca

Re: Catalina Nightmare

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:33 pm

:!:

SampleScience
KVRAF
3946 posts since 31 Oct, 2004 from Mtl, Canada

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm

This is indeed a nightmare and I don't understand what's happening and why it bugs like this. I've been trying to update my plugin catalog to Catalina but had so many problems that I had to revert back to previous versions. I wasted a full week doing this.

For the moment, I have to cease support for Catalina, even though on my macOS setup it works. But now I understand why it works (thanks to you): I was transferring the file with a USB stick from my Windows computer to my mac.

Since it's taking so much time to have a version that just works, I'll have to move development to Kontakt and Halion. I'm even thinking about selling Serum presets and loop libraries.

I love Apple but I'm slowly getting fed up by problems coming from both ends: Maize Sampler itself and macOS. 99% of all my support requests are from macOS users. I want to focus on creating virtual instruments, not answering people's questions all day!

I'm confident Xiang will come up with a solution though. Otherwise, I'll have to move to another platform to create plugins.

SampleScience
KVRAF
3946 posts since 31 Oct, 2004 from Mtl, Canada

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:54 pm

I did a bit of research and found that the code-signing does not longer allow references to other files within the .component file. This is a major problem regarding Maize Sampler since the plugin itself refers to the mse within it. That's probably why Xiang has hit a roadblock with Catalina. He told me he was working on a solution, but my guess is that he'll have to restructure the way Maize is built.

Return to “Maizesoft”