Mac OS Catalina discontinues all support for 32-bit apps.

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using Sound Radix "32-Lives" to run my SonicBirth plugins in OSX Sierra.

Now this:

" Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS. Therefore, 32 Lives and legacy 32-bit plug-ins cannot work there. If you depend on legacy plug-ins for your work, we recommend installing macOS Catalina on a separate drive or partition."

What can we do? It would be great if the Sonic birth app itself were updated to be 64 bit compatible, as-is, no changes, just 64 bit compatible..

How difficult would that be?

I found this article: "Seven Steps of Migrating a Program to a 64-bit System" online:

The updated 64bit one that they made a few years ago for a few of us that sent them money works really, really well. I use it on Catalina daily. Might not hurt to bug them to just have it for sale on the sonic birth site, the work to make it work has been done and zero errors for me across updating Mac OS.

scottfthompson wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm The updated 64bit one that they made a few years ago for a few of us that sent them money works really, really well. I use it on Catalina daily. Might not hurt to bug them to just have it for sale on the sonic birth site, the work to make it work has been done and zero errors for me across updating Mac OS.
I sent money to Antoine as well. I re-exported most of my Sonicbirth plugins with no issues.. one synth refuses to work at all however..

scottfthompson wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm The updated 64bit one that they made a few years ago for a few of us that sent them money works really, really well. I use it on Catalina daily. Might not hurt to bug them to just have it for sale on the sonic birth site, the work to make it work has been done and zero errors for me across updating Mac OS.
Hey Scott,

"Them" is really "him", Antoine Missout. That's it. I doubt he would want to sell it at large since it would imply a certain level of support. I think the few users who donated, like you, zmix, some others, and me, understood that the donation was for the "64-bit resurrection" of the original SonicBirth and nothing else beyond that.

Anyone know where I can obtain a 64 bit version?

thanks

Having it available on the site with a donate button would be the way to go then. He still has the site up and running but with 1.3.0, 1.3.5 is the working one. I really wouldn't feel cheated if others got it for free and we payed, just happy it is still alive in some way. I remember a donate option was there many many Years ago, just after the original went free... I certainly find the original to be the easiest, V2 was cool and all, but V1 was, and still is very, very productive.

Anyone know a 64-bit equivalent?
:/

Jackqueslack23 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:10 am Anyone know a 64-bit equivalent?

Yes, SonicBirth 1.3.5

Thank you!

zmix wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Jackqueslack23 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:10 am Anyone know a 64-bit equivalent?

Yes, SonicBirth 1.3.5
Is there a way to download? Or is it no longer on sale?

Jackqueslack23 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm
zmix wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Yes, SonicBirth 1.3.5
Is there a way to download? Or is it no longer on sale?
Donate at least $100 to Antoine Missout and you can use 1.3.5, it's worth it.. contact "Kewl" on this forum:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=147136

I'm here. Jackqueslack23, pm me if you want.

Return to “SonicBirth”