Pitch Shift in SonicBirth?

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone made a patch to pitch shift?

I can't seem to find a way to do it... even by a small amount.

cheers
Dan

I've made several. They use the most standard and basic components in SB, such as LFOs, delays, comparators, and multipliers. I do have some reliability issues due to the number of phase offset LFOs involved and the fact that they lose synch with each other over time and even stall.... when it works, it sounds great, and even includes feedback.... is there any way to post files on this forum?

zmix

if you send me the file via email attachment I will post it on a server for download and include a link in this forum. Attach and send it to scrofani3@optonline.net

I am really interested to see it.

dscro wrote:zmix

if you send me the file via email attachment I will post it on a server for download and include a link in this forum. Attach and send it to scrofani3@optonline.net

I am really interested to see it.
That email address bounced. I sent an example to you at another account. Did you get it?

Thanks zmix

sent you a pm - no, didn't get it. Is it just an SB file - the size can't be the issue.

yes, please post this somewhere, I'd be very interested to see how it works

cheers
Dan

It's a very primative pitch shifter.

The current implementation consists of
8 allpass filters, 8 comparators, 16 oscillators, 35 multipliers, and around 40 adders, plus the usual support circuitry..

I theorized this design when I was a kid in the 1980s and never had the hardware to implement it.

I have since learned that this is the exact method that Eventide used in the 1970s and MXR in the 1980s.

It involves modulating several delay lines in sequential phase relationships and simultaneously modulating the output levels of each delay line. By adjusting the intensity of the delay modulation and / or the 'window' where each is audible the output signal is pitch shifted.

The theory is sound and the result is very authentic 1979 eventide 910

The issues are that Sonic Birth's oscillators will stall or not start at all if the frequency is too low, and also they lose synch with each other.

Anyone have a solution to that?

I'd love to get my hands on a pitch shifter too! Is there anywhere I can grab it?

Thanks

To post it here is a good idea

I upload my plugins there

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date

Return to “SonicBirth”