Glitch Plugin

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, I'm new to SonicBirth... but as a software developer and musician, it seems only logical I get involved in this sort of stuff!

I'm building a basic glitch plugin, I've made a 32 step sequencer (synced to the host at 1/16th notes) that routes the audio through various effects depending on the slider position for each step. Problem is, my knowledge of DSP amounts to zero point shit, and hence my effects are rather limited to say the least. I was wondering if anyone would like to contribute some effect circuits to add to the plugin. For the moment I'm using some external AU's, but would like to have it 100% SonicBirth eventually. Of course once complete, I'll share it around!

Also... a question regarding piecewise circuits:

I'm using one to switch the audio between different effects, and can't think of a way to have the parameters for each effect accessible to the interface. I'm aware you can send params into the pw circuit, but as it is switching so rapidly, I can't see a way to control the paramaters for each effect in realtime. Any ideas?? Or should I just drop the pw circuit altogether and just route the audio using comparisons??

Cheers

Have you tried to set up your PW circuit with multiple inputs, and use them to contol the parameters within it?
Last edited by zmix on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You're right... there's no reason why that wouldn't work. But to keep the interface linking simple, I've decided to just keep the effects on the top level, and have the sequencer circuit switch the audio to multiple outs, which then go through the respective effects. That way I don't have to keep track of dozens of params running into the PW circuit.

Thanks for the reply!

Hi there monofonik - Realise this post is ancient but I'm having a hell of a time trying to make a step sequencer in sonic birth and ideally i would also like to have parameter locks for each step - seems like you have overcome this problem - any chance you could give me some pointers or even better share a rough patch I can work from?
Obviously the result will be shared!
thanks,,

Return to “SonicBirth”