Input Switcher problem

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Sonic birth so there maybe a point I'm missing here but I can't seem to get an input switcher to work.

What I mean is using a slider to select different source oscillators in a ms20 clone I'm trying to build. In other words , one position on the slider would select the sine wave, the next a sawtooth and so on.

I've set the slide to whole numbers and given it a range of 1-4. I then used four "equal" modules as gates, with the slider on input A , a constant ( with value of 1-4 depending on which osc.) on B , the osc input on C and nothing or a constant of zero on D.

In theory this should work, and it does when I start the preview, and when I change slider positions, it switches off the old source but doesn't switch to the next.

It seems like the "Equals" module only updates at the start of the test, or is there something I'm overlooking. Any input appreciated . Thanks.
Nich Cunningham

Actually, fixed this. Despite being set to whole numbers, the slide rarely outputs exact value, i.e 1 actually equalls 1.00000000954 as so forth.
Nich Cunningham

In your slider, you have to turn down the averaging to 0 ms.

- Daniel

Right, good to know. Thanks.
Nich Cunningham

Return to “SonicBirth”