step sequencer

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,
First post on kvr _(^____^')
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a step sequencer in sonic birth (ideally i'd like to assign parameter locks as well but may be asking too much..)
any answers?

Hello.

I've got a couple of sequencers that I've built that I'd be happy to share with you. The basic idea is to use a rising ramp signal that spans a range that matches the number of steps you want (like the output of a counter reset module or perhaps a saw wave modified to have a range of 0-16) and use comparators to switch on step levels when the the rising numbe is within a step's numerical range. So as the ramp rises from 0-1 step 1 is sent out. Then when the ramp is between 1 and 2 step 2 will be net out and so on.

Just one question. What do you mean by assigning parameter locks?

Hi Silkman!
Basically I made a granular repeater effect and would like the
step sequencer to act as a sort of gate (when step is on vol passes)
what would be handy is if one had the option of setting the effect parameters for each step (in the style of the electron monomachine) - at the moment I use skidder or replicant on the effect as the step gate and either write the effect automations in the sequencer or assign them to a midi controller for live.
I made the effect itself a while ago and haven't really followed through with sonic birth since, but I'd really like to finish it as the end result should be quite interesting.
It would be superb if you have any patches I can work from as my patching and coding skills are pretty limited and actually seeing the patch is extremely helpful.
Naturally the final product will be shared!

Return to “SonicBirth”