SonicBirth future / osx 10.7 compatibility

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I like SonicBirth for making simple tools (like <100hz -> mono, multiband filters, etc.), but would not want to waste my time to program more patches, if they are not usable in future.

Has anyone tried SonicBirth on Lion yet? How is it?
Anyone has clue will there be any updates on SB?
Alternatives? (reaktor?)

Thanks.

It works in Lion. But it is very unlikely that it will be updated.

The fact that SonicBirth is still the only app that allows the patches to be exported to AU and VST makes it more valuable to me than, say, MaxMSP.

I wish I had more time to try to keep this amazing software up to date...

Well, Robert Normandeau at Université de Montréal was able to recruit SonicBirth original programmer to program Octogris: http://code.google.com/p/octogris/

So maybe Antoine Missout could be convinced to spend a few hours ironing out some lingering bugs in SonicBirth.

Kewl wrote:It works in Lion. But it is very unlikely that it will be updated.

The fact that SonicBirth is still the only app that allows the patches to be exported to AU and VST makes it more valuable to me than, say, MaxMSP.
I just upgraded to Lion, and neither SonicBirth 1.3.0 nor any plugins I made with it work under OS 10.7.2. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dan

Be sure to use the latest (last?...) version of SB:
http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

Kewl wrote:It works in Lion. But it is very unlikely that it will be updated.

i agree. i've been learning max and pd lately and while they are assuredly more powerful overall than sonicbirth, the vst export with sonicbirth is amazing. i've been hesitant to go much farther with max knowing that i can't ever use any of them as true plugins (i know you can use jack, but it's not the same).

Return to “SonicBirth”