Exporting plug-in help

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've creating a very simple 4-band EQ in SonicBirth and would like to export it for use. I use Logic Pro X, and also PT 10, and I'd be happy to have it in either. The manual is pretty vague on this.

I've tried File>Export as AU and Export as VST, and dragged the component and VST files into Library>Audio>Plug-ins and then the component folder / VST folder. However they're not available as an option in the DAW.

I'm VERY new to Sonicbirth, and I figure I'm doing something very simple wrong, please could I have some help, would be really appreciated!

What version of SonicBirth are you using? Download and install this version: http://www.radio.uqam.ca/ambisonic/soni ... _beta2.zip

Thank You for the reply. I'm using the latest version from the SonicBirth website, although I have tried uninstalling it and installing the version you suggested. Still no luck though? Is there perhaps something very simple I could be doing wrong? I've tried it with Logic Pro X now (made sure 64-bit precision) and PT10 (made sure 32-bit) but the plug-in doesn't show up anywhere in the Audio FX Audio Units drop down menu.

Anything else you could suggest?

I should also add I'm using OS Mavericks if that makes any difference?

The version on the SonicBirth.com website is broken, so it won't work at all. Also, it's in alpha stage: it's missing a lot of things that could frustrate you and not give a good impression of what SonicBirth is capable of.

Also, SonicBirth exports VST and Audio Unit, so it's a no go with Pro Tools (DPM and AAX in PT10, and AAX in PT11).

The old version of SonicBirth only exports in 32 bit, so OK with Logic Pro 9 (that can be set in 32 bit), not so OK with Logic Pro X (that can't be set in 32 bit).

Thanks so much for clearing this up! Tried it in Logic 9 and it all works as it should. I also had a bit more thorough read of the manual and have got to grips with the GUI mode, it's all looking good. Once again, I'm VERY grateful, thank you!

Just one more quick question, in Logic 9, the plug won't open on audio tracks for some reason, it just doesn't appear as an option. It functions perfectly on instrument tracks, exactly as it should, but just won't open on audio tracks. Is there a simple thing I've done wrong or something i can do to correct this. Thanks.

Are you using a MIDI argument in your plug-in? If so, Logic will consider it an instrument.

If you're only using a MIDI argument for automation purposes, it's not necessary as most DAWs have a learn function where you can link a MIDI device to a non-MIDI plug-in specific function.

Return to “SonicBirth”