re: Public statement

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Geez, take a chill pill fellas.

I have never seen a guy get sniped and jibed at like xoxos.

Speaking from blissful ignorance (flame away), it seems pretty clear that he was deliberately 'wound up' by the auction hijinks. It was always going to provoke him, so why do it?

Nearly lost in the shuffle is the fact that xoxos was an early contributor to the auction and he followed through by happily handing over the prize to the second place bidder.

I am not here to give him a character reference, but I like the quirky nature of his plugins, so I follow his posts on kvr. I have bought some of his products and I use them and like them, and in my dealings with him I have found him to be a friendly and generous guy. Why the hate?

He seems to attract a lot of crap, and the quality and inventiveness of his products gets buried under distractions.

kvr as a whole should be glad he's around to push the envelope for us.

I don't think the sniping, or the sometimes heavy handed moderator interventions, add to the kvr experience, which should be more about encouraging innovation and participation, and less about trying to pay out people you don't like.

There, I feel better now.... :)
Second Star On The Right, And Straight On 'till Morning

Rathead wrote:I don't think the sniping, or the sometimes heavy handed moderator interventions add to the kvr experience
:lol: Irony. I love irony.

Not commenting on the auction as it's none of my beeswax.
I will say xoxos is a great guy. He's been extremely helpful to me in the past.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Rathead wrote:heavy handed moderator interventions
part and parcel of kvr it seems. or maybe heavy handed and uneven would be a better description :?

Xoxos crosses the river smelling of roses. (He does, you know.)

But wait, something is under the bridge. Do I detect the rotten fish aroma of... troll?

Mushy Mushy wrote:I will say xoxos is a great guy. He's been extremely helpful to me in the past.
I guess he is a great guy and, his VST creations are definitely outstanding. How he deals with the current issue (accusing customers in public, having an intransparent list of not-wanted customers, deleting critical as well as constructive forum posts, plus the refund issue) appears highly unprofessional to me plus has definitely hurt the charity auction.

I hope everything calmes down soon and I hope Xoxos thinks about Meffys suggestions - and we can then continue to enjoy the Xoxos world of plugins with confidence again.

I have had nothing but fine dealings with xoxos. Here's my take (note, however, that I'm not a lawyer, so this is not to be construed as legal advice!) on this affair:

From what has been said, it appears that xoxos offered Luftrum a caveat (actually, an implicit contract I think) that xoxos would donate to the charity auction ONLY IF at least one particular person was not allowed to bid on (or win) xoxos's contribution. Further, it appears that Luftrum explicitly accepted that condition/contract for xoxos's participation. So, based on the contract, there would be no legal requirement for xoxos to honor the bidding success of the particular person (or persons) covered in the condition/contract.

So, why are KVR officials getting upset about the workings of what seems to be a legitimate private contract?

Greg Williams

gwill wrote:So, why are KVR officials getting upset about the workings of what seems to be a legitimate private contract?
Perhaps because it was a PUBLIC auction for which the KVR forums were used, and perhaps because people expected transparency with respect to the bids (well, at least I did)?

BTW, to me, Meffy appeared more upset about the deletion of constructive forum posts that discussed the base of this private contract, but I may be wrong.

Mattiiiii wrote: BTW, to me, Meffy appeared more upset about the deletion of constructive forum posts that discussed the base of this private contract, but I may be wrong.
I think you're right about that. I think that kind of censorship/propaganda like behaviour was the problem.

I believe xoxos can be a very nice and helpful guy though. And I hope he and whyterabbit will be done fighting here at last and move on :)

I think that everyone has the right to do decide with whom he's going to do business with and with whom he's not... why does he have to post his personal reasons publically? it's his own decision...

xoxos added the bundle to the auction which can't be taken for granted... too bad that it went down this route...

*edited by xoxos*

whyterabbyt is not welcome to post in this forum
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Its certainly got a few people rallying for him for being such a 'nice bloke', unfairly 'under attack' from me.
I like you too mate :D
You just seemed better able to defend yourself so IMO you didnt need support.

But hey it has absolutely nothing to do with me, so i'm staying out of it 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

artificial wrote:I think that everyone has the right to do decide with whom he's going to do business with and with whom he's not... why does he have to post his personal reasons publically? it's his own decision...

xoxos added the bundle to the auction which can't be taken for granted... too bad that it went down this route...
Personally this is a lot of bullshit.

A developer has been allowed to basically publicly slander another forum member here and make a lot of accusatory remarks... while the person on the receiving end of those remarks is not given the proper opportunity to defend himself.

In fact, any attempts made to publically clear his name have been deleted by xoxos. And the accused's only form of recourse is to been able to post in HPC (which most people hardly ever read or visit), and which will automatically dissappear (as HPC threads do).

Several people have suggested it is xoxos' right to choose who he does business with or not... well it is also the public's right to form an opinion based on how he conducts himself... and atm from all that has transpired... xoxos is not doing his image or business any favours.

Personally it is this kind of immature, petty and disgusting behaviour by a developer that will ensure that HE WILL NEVER SEE A SINGLE DOLLAR of mine... ever...

BTW I'll be reposting this in HPC too, because xoxos will be too gutless to leave it in his own forum intact and let people make their own mind up.

*Edited several times, due to my shitty spelling
Last edited by Ben H on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Its certainly got a few people rallying for him for being such a 'nice bloke', unfairly 'under attack' from me.
I like you too mate :D
You just seemed better able to defend yourself so IMO you didnt need support.

But hey it has absolutely nothing to do with me, so i'm staying out of it 8)
Actually, I never thought of that. I appreciate you saying so, I'm maybe being far too black and white in what Im perceiving.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Rathead wrote:I don't think the sniping, or the sometimes heavy handed moderator interventions, add to the kvr experience
A lot of people seem to be under the impression that I deleted most of the posts in a thread and locked it.

Not true.

Xoxos himself is the heavy-handed moderator who did that. I'd appreciate it if those who have accused me, in posts and PMs, of censoring xoxos' thread would kindly direct their indignation where it belongs.

Return to “xoxos”