radian or radiant?

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whats the difference?

Radian can play just one sound. Radiant can be played like normal synths - tracking pitch across the entire keyboard. Am I right?

U
-
o
yzcoruhT

the "t" is for tracking ;)

checked manual, apparently it also stands for tuned as well.

"addendum:
Radiant, a tuned version of Radian has been added by request. Radian-(Tuned) was published as a separate VST due to the necessity of a third party resource in order to process MIDI events (thank you to Peter Schoffhauzer).

Radiant removes the velocity > pitch control and replaces it with the option to send pitch tracking to the air resonance frequency and rim frequencies. Pitch tracking is centered on A2, and the membrane will be tuned on that note to whatever its original setting is. The presets for Radiant have not been adjusted from Radian. It is suggested not to play very high MIDI notes. You will also notice the previously mentioned reinforcement of the highest partial in the membrane with patches using coupling at lower notes on the keyboard."
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i see,sorry,i should have seen it in the manual.i'm a lazy reader!

i must say though,they make the most freakin' awesome drum sounds ever!!! :o :band2:
man,why the world isn't screaming on about this is incredible!
and it's much easier to control and than previous drum models,very realistic,really top work rurik!
loving it.
:love:

one thing i think would be good,though probably not possible,is if it could capture sounds to pads,so you could play back saved sounds next to new ones.this would enable you to make kits easily.that would be cool,though it would add to cpu consumption a little.

spacedad wrote:and it's much easier to control and than previous drum models,very realistic,really top work rurik!
+ 1 (like other his VSTs)
yzcoruhT

you could configure this in ext 1.4 with the midi channel thingys, just route adjacent keys to different channels. god knows what i'll come up with (i'm just prolific like that) but swish2 is probably about as multitimbral as i'll get.. i'll leave that stuff to extreme drumsynth :) radian is too much to squish the panel on.

i've used it (actually "used" not "demoed") a few times and been pleased with my results :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

yeah,stupid idea really,sorry.:) just ignore my ramblings!
(i just tried using tobybears channelgrabber,with midi note record,i'm sure there are other ways too).
layering them in poise,fantastic sound rurik.
:hail:

Return to “xoxos”