this is the BETA

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the new product is adze, which is a 6 voice percussion sampler with some fft transform functions and a robust featureset. please, describe.

stoooner vst is the freeware/demo version, which is stripped to two voices, same modulation section. voices are triggered in all C and C#, and again on F# and G.

the thing you need to know about this is the entire sample is analysed in one fft frame, which is then stored and played back as the sample. you can change the spectral stuff between triggers, but the longer the sample/treatment, and the faster the retriggering, the higher the cpu load. so if used informedly, it can run very low or core melting depending on how you throw it.

for a tour of it's capabilities -

the first thing to do is audition the emphasis function with your kick drum collection and see the varying results. an understanding of the full range of phase functions (affected by smearing and the window length parameters) is more complex - this can timestretch, or completely retexturise your sample depending on interactions.

the next thing is to try the add harmonics filter on kick drums as well.. the effect here can vary depending on the pre filter amplification stage. then use the super doofy pitch envelope also on kick drums.

there are a bunch of timbres possible here without the spectral functions.. using sinc interpolation with fft shelf filtering gives a tightly defined range of frequencies that, if shifted and inverted and played backwards, do stuff that sounds well weird and totally different than the source.

then read the manual and try FORCEing to increase sample length with the smear function, which timestretches where the signal energy is spread through the window. changing the window length affects the output, availing different timbral options when smearing.

http://www.xoxos.net/temp/stoooner_BETA.zip
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/stoooner.mp3

samples raw then resynthesized.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:http://www.xoxos.net/vst/mp3/stoooner.mp3

samples raw then resynthesized.
Cool! 8)

I will download the beta and give it a spin!
[Insert Signature Here]

The sound examples sounds great, I will try it ^^

thanks for the email, I nearly missed this one! as soon as I'm at home I'm gonna try it out! :) as always, super interesting work! :) the demo sounds fantastic! ;)

In FL Studio 11 i have a little problem.

When i'm tweaking the sliders, the CPU raises as hell, but then it's only 2-5 % (Quad Core here)

Another problem is that i was doing a cool little drum passage (i will try to do it again), but when i was going to render, it got frozen.
I tried to make the same thing and load the project, but everything got messed up, the Automations didn't work well, and some sounds were missed (i used just 3 Stooners, the last of them was silent, because when i pressed LOAD it bring me to the same path where the samples were) I tweak everything down to default, but the silence was there yet.

But this thing has endless possibilities to freak the sound out.

I hope you can fix these little things.
Thanks for sharing :)

Have a nice day :)

Works fine in Bidule/Win xp, except for those CPU spikes when using spectral section. Anyway, it's quite fun :)

edit: it would be nice if it would be possible to copy settings from one file slot to other.

So I'll be David Guetta then?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

my output latency is at the highest setting because i have no realtime controllers, i don't get dropouts unless i'm using the longer window settings. which probably won't help most peoples' setups :)

remember that the stuff with the inverted (black on white) labels is spectral.. the sinc interpolation and ms filter modes are intensive as well.

i'm anticipating that the performance issues are due to the cpu load more than the dsp, i've had hosts that froze and other things beyond dropouts when a lot of work was thrown at them at once. maybe not :) most of the dsp here is time tested, there are a few new things i'm watching.

the program slot thing can't happen with my use of synthedit. it can be done with subcontrols, i've never gotten a "writeable" parameter to work satisfactorily.

couple months ago a guy from a larger company asked about collabing on a percussion synth. once the dust clears perhaps we can see about putting this tech in another form. it's clear if i'm going to stay pertinent for much longer i'll need to upgrade.

I really like this! So interesting just on the kick alone
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

i'll leave the beta to run for the weekend and give people a chance to spend a bit of time with it (possibly with task manager's cpu monitor open simultaneously..)

as is known i'm fairly routine with my parameterisation style, the curves and ranges i pick for parameters. let me know how that goes if less than idyllic.

i don't want to add any functions.. the gui is as big as it can go for my notebook :)

so far i've had two people who get no sound. it could be an os/system thing, or the wav. the file routine is about the same as the one in sifft and element and may not work with unusual header information. if you copy/paste in audacity or wavosaur to strip the header and it works, then that's it ;) please send me information about the wav, a small sample et c. and i'll see if i can add it.

also one mention the gui contrast is too low. i try to set it at the threshold of efficacy because stark contrasts wear my eyes with hours of use. i feel more comfortable with the gui after i've been staring at it for five minutes than at first. maybe that doesn't work as well for everyone.

thanks for the feedback :)

Hello, I don't have any sound too. Using renoise, maybe i'm doing something wrong :s

it's set to receive on all channels, should be triggered by c/f# and c#/g.

http://www.xoxos.net/temp/adze_hic.jpg

very high contrast for people with iron eyes.

very very cool sound and interesting approach.
i like it a lot :)
testing it now further in Renoise ...

but again - i have problems with interface :)
it doesnt show what deck is loaded and the empty decks ...
it doesnt show the wav name loaded ...
and so on :)

please set a page for it at your site
to be able to promote / link it.

Return to “xoxos”