cazimi

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

outdoorverb 2
tent tones?

nice new gui, now looks more like a planet whose center is within 17 minutes of the arc of the center of the Sun

very organic yet crumbling type of sound

just mucking about. think that release fixes a bug in the mod routing (pitch dest on send 2 iirc).

i very much like the band separation oscillators, other parts of the engine were chucked in. so at some point (year?) cazimi will be strongly revisioned, possibly directly in the steinberg sdk.

just got the basics of the nasa/e.m. standish approximation of planetary positions equations built, making an app that allows you to animate to locate forthcoming conjunctions.. nothing that animates in freeware, always feel like the entire rest of the world is dead or just ass backwards. course wing and a prayer for implementing these equations, all taken on trust, will probably get stuck and die on an asteroid or the moon or something :)

(and casual readers note, planetary calculations are of course, too intensive to be applied to audio, and for modulation, other arbitrary sources will make your sequencing just as quaint.)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i kind of had another thread in mind for discussion of development but somebody ruint it.

i guess my vst development career is just about dead. 32 bit or no, to have the public express zero interest in explodelay is more than i can deal with. you all really suck. plus side is my development is unadulterated by outside interests. course when was the last time the public gave me more than two pages of posts about any single release, a decade. one of these days i'll do copy protection and then you'll be sorry.

mentioned earlier it's been a terrific period for dsp thoughts. i know it makes "me sound awful", but eg. last year's dc had several entries offering contrast to my work ("not like other fft randomisers" i'm the only bloody one mate even if that distended monologue didn't register with anyone else). my response was, these are terrible, i'd better make better versions of everything. the noise algorithm in bong's shakers is more advanced than that, and so forth. but who knows, we want trancegates that aren't gates and comb filters that aren't delays and developers that don't tell us off when we act ignorant and get all defiant about it.

so i've been very busy, and will have items to release soon (one is in patching, others use the same architecture and gui so they won't be too far behind). there are a few fields of dsp that the public could see better representation in, instead of the "we are gods, be in awe" kinda deal people are trying to go with, taking months and months to release their stuff.

so "out" will be released soon, my "oscillator unified theory" prototype offering what i think is best to call "complex distortion" synthesis. what a name huh. it's a neat oscillator, but an oscillator isn't really enough to make it interesting. the usual "it just sounds a little different in some ways".

currently adapting that with "outer" vst. also a synth, so you can see, i'm really posting here to "post claim" on these names.

iow, expect a series of several free synthesizers (much more interesting development than hacking a new sdk) that use a lot of cpu :) being real casual, did the new lfo module in doubles, so just the lfo uses more cpu than just about any synth i've released :) but nobody cares about cpu nowadays. i also mentioned releasing the kick module from bong as a freebie. still on, when i get to it. don't worry, no one needs to acknowledge it, that would be embarassing for you.

itm, let's develop some awesome strategies for ways for me to express bitterness about a culture that absconds progress and innovation for having their rectum ravaged by prostitutes and can't seem to tell the difference. i'd think, a friend is someone who would tell you that :) "tap on the shoulder, hey buddy you know, you're really being raped by a whore rather than engaging in advancement". you think, i'm terribly rude and i should shut up and stop interrupting the incredible pounding you take like a pro.

terribly rude, absolutely intolerable. enjoy your beer.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Trancegrates, meh. I'd be more into a MIDI controlled ADSR.

Your CD oscillator is tantalising. Why build an outer? Is that so the bigLFO can modulate it?

I still daydream of modular building blocks, VCA, VCF, VCO etc each as independent VSTs, assigning their control inputs to separate midi channels.

Just stop whining, Mr. Leffanta, you've got your own niche already (a little quiet one though). As a proud owner of a bunch of your plugins, I'd like to get my hands on Explodelay and Float someday, not to mention every other new piece of sound-generating device. "Papua merdeka" is a little hard to grasp though.

xoxos wrote:(one is in patching, others use the same architecture and gui so they won't be too far behind)
aah, yesterday morning, such a distant memory :)

the night before last i was pecking about the internet, yesterday i squidged a new audio engine together. couple of graphics to fix et c. and we can call it two synths in patching.

i figure the guys who use jesusonic and stuff like that know, integrated development environments are so fast to prototype in.. i'm proving to you, so watch, once again, that development can be super easy, and people are trying to get paid for sitting on their hands for months.

not to disrespect others and their efforts, but this is what happens every time someone tells you, development is difficult, do not attempt it. you don't want to listen, i have to prove it by example.
so watch.

where find it now ?

Yes yes ! , I'm interested ... but arrive too late ( all links dead ). I still use Xoxos synths and FX with my " 32bits DAW " , and take a lot time to make banks for'em :)

jeff51 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:43 ambut arrive too late ( all links dead )
https://web.archive.org/web/20161023172 ... cazimi.zip

Return to “xoxos”