Pitch Shifter: Midi CC control pitch

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I really like Pitch Shifter, I think it sounds excelent!

But I have this problem: when I assign Midi CC to coarse slider, the pitch is shifted in decimal values, like 0.38, 1.13, 1.89 and so on.. I would like pitch to shift in "true" semitones.

So is there a way I can shift pitch via CC, so the steps are in integer values?

I use Plogue Bidule, and there must be a way around this, but I haven't figured it out yet..

Thanks in advance!

w_keisari wrote:Hello,

I really like Pitch Shifter, I think it sounds excelent!
much thanks
But I have this problem: when I assign Midi CC to coarse slider, the pitch is shifted in decimal values, like 0.38, 1.13, 1.89 and so on.. I would like pitch to shift in "true" semitones.
well, actually the values are "true" semitones, but the values are not restricted to integer values - i.e. 1.25 semitones means 1 semitone and 25 cents
So is there a way I can shift pitch via CC, so the steps are in integer values?

I use Plogue Bidule, and there must be a way around this, but I haven't figured it out yet..
i just found out, that it is possible to quantize the steps to half-integer values by letting the lower limit for the midi controller be -30 and the upper +33.5 - the idea is to have a total range of 63.5 = 127/2 semitones. this way, an increment of one in the midi controller value translates to an increment of 0.5 in the actual pitch-value. to quantize it to true integers, one would have to have a total control range of 127 semitones, which currently is outside the possible range of shifting values (the largest possible range is -48...+48 which is a total range of 96). but maybe you can build something in bidule (using its modular capabilities), that "quantizes" midi-controllers to even values. using a total range of 63.5 semitones with only even controller values, the pitch-value should always end up at an integer.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Got it working, thank you very much! :)

Return to “rs-met”