Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Official support for: rs-met.com
mes04d
KVRer
1 posts since 30 Dec, 2016

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi:

I just downloaded the signal analyzer plugin, but when I try and launch it in Ableton I get a pop-up that says "Live has stopped working" then I'm forced to close the program (Ableton). Any ideas? Thanks.

User avatar
Koshdukai
KVRist
212 posts since 11 Mar, 2007 from Portugal

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

Indeed, it's crashing Live 9.7.4~5 32bit
Not crashing Live 8.4.2 though.


...wished Robin Schmidt was able to make Signal Analyzer 64bit at least :/ ...being the only reason why I still keep 32bit DAWs around.
Last edited by Koshdukai on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2039 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

He is still active apparently, with contract work for other developers.
Seemingly, he is not interested in his own plugins.

Best to find another solution, and consider them history probably.
If they don't work for you, thats it, time to move on.

-Cheers

User avatar
Koshdukai
KVRist
212 posts since 11 Mar, 2007 from Portugal

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 pm

pekbro wrote:He is still active apparently, with contract work for other developers.
Seemingly, he is not interested in his own plugins.

Best to find another solution, and consider them history probably.
If they don't work for you, thats it, time to move on.
So sad, but true :( ...well, at least that's a good thing for him.

Been trying to find a good replacement for Signal Analyzer's Scope mode for years and to this day, I wasn't able to :scared:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2039 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Maybe these:

Free: http://www.jthorborg.com/index.html?ipage=signalizer

Paid: https://dmgaudio.com/products_trackmeter.php

Its been so long since I used any Rs-met stuff that I cant say if they
will suffice or not. Definitely worth a look.

-Cheers

User avatar
Koshdukai
KVRist
212 posts since 11 Mar, 2007 from Portugal

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:26 pm

pekbro wrote:Maybe these:

Free: http://www.jthorborg.com/index.html?ipage=signalizer
[...]
Definitely worth a look.
Absolutely!!! This looks like the best replacement (and beyond) I've ever seen so far! Went totally under my radar. :o

Thank so much! :tu:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2039 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:47 pm

:tu:

There is a thread here where he posts updates and whatnot...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=461414

-Cheers

User avatar
Koshdukai
KVRist
212 posts since 11 Mar, 2007 from Portugal

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Again, thanks so much! :D

User avatar
Music Engineer
KVRAF
3768 posts since 8 Mar, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Re: Signal Analyzer Crashing Ableton

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:02 am

koshdukai wrote:
pekbro wrote:Maybe these:

Free: http://www.jthorborg.com/index.html?ipage=signalizer
[...]
Definitely worth a look.
Absolutely!!! This looks like the best replacement (and beyond) I've ever seen so far! Went totally under my radar. :o

Thank so much! :tu:
wow! that looks really good! i bet it's opengl based. ...i hope, i can get my head around that stuff at some point as well
Image

Return to “rs-met”