Strobe 2 and Cypher 2 soundbanks in ROLI player?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own several expansions for these but can only see 2 showing in ROLI player even though they are all sold in the ROLI sound shop as expansions now for ROLI player as well as Strobe and Cypher 2. I bought them through FXPansion - I do hope I don't need to rebuy them for them to work in ROLI player, can't see anything on this or an update of these sets in my downloads to indicate ROLI player support.

I believe it requires a license of some sort from ROLI. I have Strobe2 and Cypher2 through fxpansion. I emailed ROLI tech support fxsupport@roli.com.

"I own Strobe 2 and Cypher 2. How do I add those to my Roli licensing?"

I've been waiting a few days to hear back, but they did send me a nice automated message saying support is a bit backed up. I'm sure I'll hear from them soon.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Strobe and Cypher 2 do work in the Roli player but only for included content - but i want to be able to also load the expansions I own

Here is the response I received today.

----------------------------------------
Any software bought through FXpansion.com will not appear in your My ROLI or ROLI Connect. If you got the software as a bundle when you bought ROLI hardware, the license will exist in your ROLI account.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
----------------------------------------

I emailed back asking for clarification using fxpansion synths in Roli software. I'm honestly not sure how they intend it to work.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Thanks - I think that is a bit different to the problem I have. I don't expect FXPansion products to show in My ROLI or ROLI Connect but it would be nice for Cypher and Strobe Expansions, which are already being sold in the ROLI shop as expansions for ROLI player, to actually load in ROLI player, and not to have to buy them twice to do that (the synths themselves do already work in ROLI player but it only seems to ship with a limited range of their presets and doesn't recognise the expansions I have installed). I've tried ROLI support but they haven't got back to me so thought I would reach out to FXPansion here too.

Please post whatever you find out :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Well I've heard nothing from Roli despite 2 requests for information and I was kindof hoping FXPansion would respond here

Well, Strobe 2 shows up in ROLI Connect for me, but not Cypher 2. Not sure why.

I agree, it would be nice to have expansions show up, but I can't even get the Strobe expansions to install anymore because the fxpansion installers haven't been updated.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

They both used to show up but a recent update has removed them too.

Got them all added to my ROLI account now thanks to their support, the full versions do show if they are in your Roli account and not just FXPansion's.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:32 pm Got them all added to my ROLI account now thanks to their support, the full versions do show if they are in your Roli account and not just FXPansion's.
via roli? yes must be. someone had bought cypher 2 upgrade via fxpansion, while having strobe 2 via roli (as part of the package). so roli can fix this.

What is the point of the Roli player if you own the synths? I don‘t get it...

Return to “FXpansion”