If i need to release licenses from my old computer, who do i contact?

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FXpansion? ROLI?
A bit confused, i have licenses that are still activated on a computer name that i don't own anymore, and i need to reset these activations so i can use my Strobe plugin on ny new comouter.
I've contacted ROLI but there is no response. Anyone knows who should i actually contact?

Thank you
Last edited by ferez21 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

I find it ridiculous that even the notorious AIR Music Tech managed to assist me before FXpansion, I've contacted both companies at the same day and so far haven't heard from FXpansion, I thought FXpansion have good reputation...

Ive never heard of FXpansion using iLok, so what product are you talking about?
Strobe certainly doesnt.
Purchasing / Licensing
What kind of copy protection scheme is used?

This product features a challenge-response authorization system, with three installs on your own machines allowed simultaneously.

You do NOT need to have an internet connection on the computers on which it is installed.
You must, however, authorize the product before it can be used - there is no 'grace period' after installation.

We have tried very hard to make the authorization procedure as pain-free as possible. Please understand that it is necessary for safeguarding your investment in future development and user support.

Our products do not use iLok or any other unified protection scheme. We do not believe in such systems' security, and would rather not pass on their costs to our customers.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am Ive never heard of FXpansion using iLok, so what product are you talking about?
Strobe certainly doesnt.
Purchasing / Licensing
What kind of copy protection scheme is used?

This product features a challenge-response authorization system, with three installs on your own machines allowed simultaneously.

You do NOT need to have an internet connection on the computers on which it is installed.
You must, however, authorize the product before it can be used - there is no 'grace period' after installation.

We have tried very hard to make the authorization procedure as pain-free as possible. Please understand that it is necessary for safeguarding your investment in future development and user support.

Our products do not use iLok or any other unified protection scheme. We do not believe in such systems' security, and would rather not pass on their costs to our customers.
Sorry, mixed up the iLok thing, the product is Strobe.
I did however contact ROLI twice and didn't get a response.

How did you contact them? Did you use their support ticket system as indicated on both FXpansion and ROLI websites?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:14 am How did you contact them? Did you use their support ticket system as indicated on both FXpansion and ROLI websites?
Yes i did, they have this modern looking ticket opening wizard and I've used it both times.

More than 2 weeks and 3 tickets later, still no response.
So furious because at the time, Strobe was the most expensive plugin I've purchased, and now I cant even use it.

Return to “FXpansion”