FXpansion Spam email ?spam? Turbo

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Aloysius
KVRAF
24804 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 am

I just got it and sent a message to FXPansion.
Hi-de-Hi!

breakmixer
KVRAF
4229 posts since 14 Nov, 2008 from UK

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:24 am

Aloysius wrote:I just got it and sent a message to FXPansion.
According to FXPansion's thread they know and are looking into it saying their email addy has been spoofed and they are not a part of it...

Aloysius
KVRAF

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:28 am

breakmixer wrote:
According to FXPansion's thread they know and are looking into it saying their email addy has been spoofed and they are not a part of it...
Thanks. :)

After I sent the message to fxpansion I noticed there was a thread here too and another one at fxpansion. Looks like they managed to hijack the entire fxpansion customer contact list.
Hi-de-Hi!

breakmixer
KVRAF
4229 posts since 14 Nov, 2008 from UK

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 am

Aloysius wrote:
breakmixer wrote:

After I sent the message to fxpansion I noticed there was a thread here too and another one at fxpansion. Looks like they managed to hijack the entire fxpansion customer contact list.
Well, the only way to find that out is if people are signed up or not to Fxpansion, I am but if people who are not also got it they may of got it elsewhere, it could of easily said Info@Arturia for example...

Aloysius
KVRAF

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 am

breakmixer wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
breakmixer wrote:

Well, the only way to find that out is if people are signed up or not to Fxpansion, I am but if people who are not also got it they may of got it elsewhere, it could of easily said Info@Arturia for example...
Makes sense ...

Here's an interesting YouTube Video.

This guy is really pissed with Dub Turbo!!! :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2AUibYRRbw
Hi-de-Hi!

AstralExistence
KVRAF
2266 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:26 am

whats the problem? ya jus sea whan bat and dat sofware pa fa isself. BUR CHEEE!

ObsoleteAcc99
Banned
22486 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of an unethical revenge
:lol:

KVRAF
3231 posts since 27 Dec, 2002 from North East England

Post Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm an FXpansion customer who got this too. I'm interested to know how this lot got hold of your customer database and what other information (logins/passwords etc) was taken. Please keep us updated.

synaesthesia
KVRAF
2033 posts since 24 May, 2008 from London, UK

Post Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Quite the most retarded piece of marketing.

What concerns me is that the link in the email doesn't appear to go to Dub Turbo's site, but a suspicious shortened Bitly address.

faun2500
KVRian
1353 posts since 27 Nov, 2008 from uk

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Me too.

I got this email. I wonder where they got my email.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

hibidy
KVRAF
42539 posts since 21 Dec, 2005

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 pm

lolz, I totally had one. Reported it as junk.

dub turbo, the mad beatz are insane!

munchkin
KVRAF
2336 posts since 13 Oct, 2002 from Terra Firma

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 pm

cron wrote:I'm an FXpansion customer who got this too. I'm interested to know how this lot got hold of your customer database and what other information (logins/passwords etc) was taken. Please keep us updated.
I too am an FXpansions customer. I received the email and I'm really concerned that whoever this is has got my email address. How did they get it and how much other information do they now possess? I've bought products from FXpansions site so are my personal and financial details now in the possession of these scammers?

Where is FXpansions official response to this?

munchkin
KVRAF

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:54 pm

I've made a post in the thread in the FXpansions forum.

How the hell do I email this company? All there is on the website is a support form for products and serial numbers. No email address. This is URGENT!

munchkin
KVRAF

Post Tue May 28, 2013 3:00 pm

faun2500 wrote:
Me too.

I got this email. I wonder where they got my email.
If they have your email then I assume you've registered with FXpansions. If you've bought anything from their website in the past then these scammers might possess other information like your address, identity or financial info. I know this might freak people out but it's a possibility. I'm more concerned that FXpansions haven't yet reassured us about or alerted us to the potential risks.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31074 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 pm

haha I just checked my spam filter box and I got one too but it got caught :) FXPansion should take the f**kers to court over this.

Return to “FXpansion”