FXpansion Spam email ?spam? Turbo

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

munchkin wrote:
cron wrote:I'm an FXpansion customer who got this too. I'm interested to know how this lot got hold of your customer database and what other information (logins/passwords etc) was taken. Please keep us updated.
I too am an FXpansions customer. I received the email and I'm really concerned that whoever this is has got my email address. How did they get it and how much other information do they now possess? I've bought products from FXpansions site so are my personal and financial details now in the possession of these scammers?

Where is FXpansions official response to this?
I'm wondering this too. They appear to not have known of the 'breach' until customers on here and their forums notified them. So now do they have our address and billing info? Should we change passwords if we happen to use that password at any other place?

That is, what is the extent of the damage?

And what is FXpansion doing to resolve the issue and assure it doesn't happen again?

so many questions!

I've sent an email to the FXpansions webmaster email address. But if these scammers have access to the website now then who knows if it'll get through.

VitaminD wrote:
munchkin wrote:
cron wrote:I'm an FXpansion customer who got this too. I'm interested to know how this lot got hold of your customer database and what other information (logins/passwords etc) was taken. Please keep us updated.
I too am an FXpansions customer. I received the email and I'm really concerned that whoever this is has got my email address. How did they get it and how much other information do they now possess? I've bought products from FXpansions site so are my personal and financial details now in the possession of these scammers?

Where is FXpansions official response to this?
I'm wondering this too. They appear to not have known of the 'breach' until customers on here and their forums notified them. So now do they have our address and billing info? Should we change passwords if we happen to use that password at any other place?

That is, what is the extent of the damage?

And what is FXpansion doing to resolve the issue and assure it doesn't happen again?

so many questions!
Are they aware of the problem? I've not seen a response from them. It's past midnight here in the UK and I'm worried they won't check this out until the morning. By which time the scammers will have done their damage and disappeared if they haven't already. :-o

Yeah on their website forums they said they are looking into the matter.

The saddest thing is, people will buy dubturbo

oh crud, that didn't work. It's an evil plot.

Finally I've ordered "Trouble Turbo". Now I don't need to search for new problems any more! Every day new problems! And all my problems are getting multiplied with the new "Trouble Multiplier"! But the best thing is: there is a randomized feature! So I don't know which new problems I get! Now every day is a challenge again... :tu:

:lol:

Like so many others I got the spam mail too, being a customer.

Did anyone who's not a customer of FXpansion get this particular mail as well?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

I got mine, Just read it and came to check here if I was off my meds without realizing (again). So I am sane still (relatively)

@Timfonie I'm an existing customer just so you/everyone knows regarding your question dude

I'm sure they will sort it out, They are a good bunch unlike the dub turd weasil's. They could of gone for AVID instead, I'd of found that amusing at least

All the best to all as always

Dean

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I got mine, Just read it and came to check here if I was off my meds without realizing (again). So I am sane still (relatively)

@Timfonie I'm an existing customer just so you/everyone knows regarding your question dude

I'm sure they will sort it out, They are a good bunch unlike the dub turd weasil's. They could of gone for AVID instead, I'd of found that amusing at least

All the best to all as always

Dean
Awesome sig! :D
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:Yeah I got one too.I only opened it because
it headed fxpansion!
Junk ...
Same here. Deleted immediately after reading.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I don't know if it can give a clue about how they got the e-mails and what else they got but when the DCAM free comp was released, I used a secondary e-mail address to download it... A few weeks before, I bought Geist 2nd hand on the KVR market with my primary e-mail address.

I got the scam mail on my secondary address, but not on my primary one... But I'm registered user on the FXpansion website. I have no account on the FXpansion forum.

So I hope they just got e-mails I'm not sure how, and not any other sensitive data like bank info and so on...

Hi all,

We are very actively investigating the "Dub Turbo" spam email that appeared to come from info@fxpansion.com. DUB TURBO is in no way affiliated or endorsed by FXpansion.

Our leading theory at this point is an email address stripper was watching the 3rd party bulk email services we use to send our newsletters; your account information should be completely safe. In particular, your credit card info isn't stored or even processed by FXpansion servers - that's all done by HSBC and Paypal.

We will keep you informed, and strive to ensure such annoyance and anxiety-causing spam does not reoccur.

- SKoT
SKoT McDonald
BFD | inMusic

Don't know if this helps you to narrow down the possibilities at all, but I'm also an FXpansion customer and I didn't get the turbo-spam.

Not that I'm feeling left out or anything... :)

<EDIT>
Just thought of something else which might help - although I have an FXpansion forum account, I've never posted there.

Return to “FXpansion”