FXpansion Spam email ?spam? Turbo

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

breakmixer wrote:I just want to know if it is definately only fxpansion users that got it - Did anyone that is not an fxpansion user get it? Curious...
I haven't used an FXpansion plug in years, but I have an account with them.

If you're worried, it's possible to edit your own Account Details at FXpansion.

Edit your real address to something random.
Edit your User Name.
Edit your Forum Name.
Edit your email.
Change your password.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Dudes, seriously, this is about Dubturbo! You WILL make kickass rap beats in NO TIME! I promise!
FXpansion should be proud of having a mighty software like this in their portfolio! There's nothing like it - and it even works on Mac + PC!

So there, forget about these emails being spam. It's YOUR choice to become THE future rap producer!

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Aloysius wrote:If you're worried, it's possible to edit your own Account Details at FXpansion.

Edit your User Name.
Edit your Forum Name.
Edit your email.
Change your password.
Isn't it too late if they (SPAM Turbo) already have your details?

Sascha Franck wrote:Dudes, seriously, this is about Dubturbo! You WILL make kickass rap beats in NO TIME! I promise!
FXpansion should be proud of having a mighty software like this in their portfolio! There's nothing like it - and it even works on Mac + PC!

So there, forget about these emails being spam. It's YOUR choice to become THE future rap producer!

- Sascha
But i already gave them all my money! :x
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I'm glad to have an opportunity to reconsider 'Dub turbo' from FXPansion... second email.

Funny (in a sad way) if true.

Just got a 2nd a 3rd email from our 'friends'.

Re: Dub Turbo Discount Offer Nearly Gone! Get Yours Fast!

and

Re: Dub Turbo Discount Offer Nearly Gone! Get Yours Fast!asd

I got it too and assumed it was a new product from them. Glad to know they weren't involved after all.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Id love to see the dubturbo guys shut down.
:borg:

I'd just be happy to do this to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVoEb5Rm5eo

Preferably over and over, like the viddy

Just got the e-mail. Whew! I was beginning to feel left out. Thought I might have to sign up for the Dub Turbo newsletter. :hihi:

:lol:

We wouldn't want you to feel left out! After all, where else you gonna make da mad beatz?

:x :x :x :x

I got a second one, and that is after reporting the first one as junk :x

:x

:tantrum:

It's on my secondary email, so it's most certainly not anything I've signed up for recently :evil:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Aloysius wrote:If you're worried, it's possible to edit your own Account Details at FXpansion.

Edit your User Name.
Edit your Forum Name.
Edit your email.
Change your password.
Isn't it too late if they (SPAM Turbo) already have your details?
A bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted?

Perhaps.

I thought it was worthwhile making a few changes to my own Account. I also thought it was worthwhile letting others know that it's possible for them to do likewise. YMMV.

There's no indication yet that anyone's Credit Card information has been compromised by this but I'm a once bitten, twice shy, kinda guy. If the brain dead at Dub Turdo can do this, so can others.

SKoT_FX wrote:
We are very actively investigating the "Dub Turbo" spam email that appeared to come from info@fxpansion.com. DUB TURBO is in no way affiliated or endorsed by FXpansion.

Our leading theory at this point is an email address stripper was watching the 3rd party bulk email services we use to send our newsletters; your account information should be completely safe. In particular, your credit card info isn't stored or even processed by FXpansion servers - that's all done by HSBC and Paypal.
I've removed FXpansion from my email contact list and marked any future messages from their email address as Junk. This (as with My FXpansion Account information) is something I can review at a later stage. For now it seems to me at least that Dub Turbo have access to FXpansion's Contact List, so their address is no longer a trusted one imho.

Remember ... You can't polish a Dub Turd-o.

Return to “FXpansion”